Loan Concierge (Loan Officer Assistant)
About Oak Mortgage:
Oak Mortgage is a boutique-sized residential mortgage company based in Dallas with offices in Austin and Waco. We began in 2005 as a response to the decline in responsible lending and wanted to create a new banking model that was consumer and employee-focused.
We don't want the "M" word to scare people and are on a mission to flip the culture surrounding finance institutions and mortgage lending on its head. Our vision is to greatly improve the customer experience, build trust and have a people-centered philosophy where the customer's needs, their families and their goals are ultimately the central focus. To get a feel for our brand, check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OakMortgage
In addition, Oak has a one-of-a-kind program to help people in Africa and Central America escape poverty. Through an international partner, we distribute microloans to help people start their own business and provide for their families. Not only does a portion of every loan fund this, but we take trips each year with employees, customers and realtors who have helped in the process. Our initiative is called Oak for the Oppressed (OFTO) and you can learn more about it here: http://ofto.oakmortgagegroup.com.
Finally, Oak Mortgage has a dynamic company culture where employees are engaged, motivated and have a common passion to help people. This focused culture is the centerpiece to our strategy of changing the way people are treated in the mortgage industry. Our internal culture is something we pride ourselves in as we believe investing in people is the key to a successful business.
Regardless of your position, your principal function is to help this Company find, serve and keep profitable customers by driving Oak’s purpose statement to surprise our customers by instilling trust, peace of mind, and attention to the details that matter to them through a boutique-quality experience.
OAK Mortgage Group is seeking experienced Loan Concierges with strong administrative experience to join our dynamic team. The primary responsibility will be to perform necessary tasks to ensure that all files close ahead of or on schedule. This will require that all files are structured through proper origination and processing so that they are approved by underwriting in a timely manner. It will also require effective and quick communication to all parties both internally and externally about time lines and expectations so that all loans close on time. The collection of documents, appraisals, and information from 3rd party vendors along with a high level of communication to the borrower, the loan officer and the real estate agent are required. This role is located at our Dallas, TX branch and reports directly to the SVP of Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
Calendar/Team Leader Organization:
- Set all appointments for Team Leader
- Confirm all appointments
- Answering incoming calls
- Give receptionist borrower names and Realtor name and picture to put on Welcome Board for all appointments that day
- Print credit and put it in the appointment folder; have it ready for the appointment.
- Create Drive Folder for Borrower and label their docs in folder add Loan Set up Notes and Follow Up Checklist to Drive folder
- Complete Pre Approval Matrix with LP2
- Keep TL on track with calls and schedule
Follow up with leads:
- All leads added to lead tracker
- Update the referral source as you attempt/make contact with a lead (very important to build trust) and notate in system
- Provide copies of lead tracker to each team meeting
- Use the “how to call leads script”
- Provide borrower a verbal list of what to bring and directions for appointment
- Provide email confirmation of appointment (list of what to bring, directions, testimonial) to agent, borrowers, and team leader.
- E-mail program of the week to realtor database every Friday
- 30-60-90 day calls for all closed loans
- ABC calls weekly
- Birthday Program
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time
Required Experience & Skills
- 2 years administrative experience required
- 1 year of processing experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills
- An excellent understanding of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of lending process, including applicable federal and state law.
- Practices for gathering, compiling and summarizing information from a variety of internal and external sources
- Computer applications related to the work, including word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, and vendor applications needed to obtain additional data. Encompass LOS experience is preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of personal computers to include MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Able to provide a high level of customer service
- Able to work under sometimes stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm
- 0-2 years: 15 days
- 3-5 years: 20 days
- 5+ years: 25 days
- 1 additional day of PTO for every year after 5
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Past Employment & Social Security Verification
Meet Some of Oak Mortgage's Employees
As Communications Manager, Heather acts as a liaison between internal departments and external company communications, ensuring the world knows what Oak Mortgage is all about.
Back to top