Junior Mortgage Banker - Dallas, TX
About Oak Mortgage:
Oak Mortgage is a boutique-sized residential mortgage company based in Dallas with offices in Austin and Waco. We began in 2005 as a response to the decline in responsible lending and wanted to create a new banking model that was consumer and employee-focused.
We don't want the "M" word to scare people and are on a mission to flip the culture surrounding finance institutions and mortgage lending on its head. Our vision is to greatly improve the customer experience, build trust and have a people-centered philosophy where the customer's needs, their families and their goals are ultimately the central focus. To get a feel for our brand, check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OakMortgage
In addition, Oak has a one-of-a-kind program to help people in Africa and Central America escape poverty. Through an international partner, we distribute microloans to help people start their own business and provide for their families. Not only does a portion of every loan fund this, but we take trips each year with employees, customers and realtors who have helped in the process. Our initiative is called Oak for the Oppressed (OFTO) and you can learn more about it here: http://ofto.oakmortgagegroup.com.
Finally, Oak Mortgage has a dynamic company culture where employees are engaged, motivated and have a common passion to help people. This focused culture is the centerpiece to our strategy of changing the way people are treated in the mortgage industry. Our internal culture is something we pride ourselves in as we believe investing in people is the key to a successful business.
Regardless of your position, your principal function is to help this Company find, serve and keep profitable customers by driving Oak’s purpose statement to surprise our customers by instilling trust, peace of mind, and attention to the details that matter to them through a boutique-quality experience.
Oak Mortgage Group is seeking a Junior Mortgage Banker with strong experience to join our dynamic team. The primary responsibilities will be to originate investment quality loans by selling firm's loan products and services; generate mortgage loans through solicitation of individual consumers, networking groups, builders/developers, and real estate brokers. It will also require the Mortgage Banker to be responsible for the overall customer interaction on each individual loan from application to closing. This role is located at our Dallas, TX branch and reports directly to the SVP of Production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sources, develops and structures mortgage financing requests for new and existing customers.
- Negotiates terms, structures loan financing based on risk considerations and presents credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority as required.
- Utilizes in-house programs to meet customers’ credit needs
- Assists customers with inquiries and information requests, and resolves complaints relating to loan products and services offered.
- Responsible for overall customer interaction on each individual loan from application to closing: counseling and pre-qualifying potential borrowers; taking or reviewing applications received for complete and accurate; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fee and lock-in information; overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicating loan status to all interested parties, and obtaining loan documentation after closing, as directed by management.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of mortgage experience.
- 2 years of sales or relationship building experience
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- 0-2 years: 15 days
- 3-5 years: 20 days
- 5+ years: 25 days
- 1 additional day of PTO for every year after 5
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Past Employment & Social Security Verification
Meet Some of Oak Mortgage's Employees
As Communications Manager, Heather acts as a liaison between internal departments and external company communications, ensuring the world knows what Oak Mortgage is all about.
Back to top