Event Project Manager - Seasonal
Centralized in Louisville, KY - we are hiring for seasonal positions all across the United States. Our project season is typically from August to February.
Here you are. Another day at the office, followed, maybe, by another networking event. Then time to go home. Remember how excited you were when you landed that great job you could tell everyone about? That one job that was so different, that gave you so much energy, that was just so incredibly _hot _you couldn’t help yourself from telling absolutely everyone you met about it? That even the barista and guy at the dry cleaners knew you had a new job?
That job still exists – it’s an Event Producer. And it’s at Oak Island Creative.
What is an Event Producer at Oak Island Creative?
An Oak Island Event Producer is responsible for overseeing on-site production consulting projects. As an active project manager, the Producer is involved from the Planning stage to the end result of any given project. This position acts as the “face” of Oak Island while on-site at client locations. Working with the installation team, the Producer maintains a leadership role to guide, direct, and assist the team towards a successful end result. This position collaborates with the creative and design team, as well as all home office support, while supervising the work of the installation team, and liaising with the client in regular status meetings to bring the project to completion. This is hands on event production position, allowing the Producer to be involved in all aspects of the events, from beginning to end.
Job Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee all on-site production and installation of projects
• Represents Oak Island in all communications with client while on project site locations
• Provide leadership and supervision to Event Coordinator and Installation Teams
• Collaborate with the creative, design and administrative teams
• Develop and maintain project budgets
• Communicate project status with the client in regular production meetings
• Research, source and order products and materials needed for project
• Ensure that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves
• Monitor project’s progress, proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget as they pertain to the project
• Communicate project status adequately to all participants
• Create all install, maintenance and strike calendars
• Ensure all deliverables are met according to project timelines
• Ensure all operators certifications are up-to-date
• Ensures overall creative intent of project is maintained.
• Clear, timely and documented communication regarding any changes to scope, schedule, creative or installation to client and Oak Island Executive Leadership.
• Responsible for maintaining Oak Island Brand and professional image in all client and employee interaction and communication.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site and adhering to client, Oak Island, local and national codes and policies.
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent event production experience
• Five-Seven years experience in project management and/or event production
• Experience preparing and managing budgets required
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
• Motivated with excellent organizational, leadership and project management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and to work varying shifts including nights
• Technical and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable with change and leading change
• Achieve certification in high reach and forklift operation
• Experience in event audio, lighting, rigging, carpentry a plus
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Travel will be required for meetings and projects, including some extensive overnight travel
Are you the one we are looking for?
Not sure if you are ready to apply yet but want some more information? Let us know that, too. We will be happy to discuss the position with you in confidence.
Meet Some of Oak Island Creative's Employees
Creative & Sales Manager
Desiree takes into account the nature and purpose of each event and clients’ needs, then imagines, creates, and brings event ideas to life.
Back to top