Main Purpose of This Role
The Voice Architect will be responsible for all aspects of voice services at O3b Networks, including strategic planning and design, engineering and implementation, capacity planning and support services for the voice services offered to customers. The VoiIP Network Architect will work with the product development teams to define and implement voice solutions. The VoIP Network Architect shall possess both a strong degree of expertise and formal training in architecting, building, supporting and transforming voice services.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Provide strategic technical direction, roadmap and design, installation, and configuration of all current and future Voice systems/services.
- Define network and voice architecture standards, develop and implement cost effective telecommunication solutions, and support structure that meets current and future business demands.
- Demonstrate a passion for innovation, utilizing hybrid and cloud solutions, along with a sophisticated understanding of various telecommunication systems and services that will lead to a cohesive, and tightly integrated unified communications platform.
- Conduct current state analysis, and future state designs and recommendations that unify, transform and maximize the value of voice services across the network.
- Oversee collaboration, planning and design sessions covering a range of topics and cutting edge technologies for networking and voice services.
- Direct, define, and lead the design of disaster recovery engineering, testing and implementation plans of all related technologies for all voice services across the globe.
- Research emerging technologies in the areas of communication and collaboration, and maintain up-to date knowledge on vendors, product lines, services, and integration techniques.
- Utilize strong technical problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend and implement solutions for network-related and IP-based voice services across the enterprise that includes all regional and global offices.
- Work with vendors by defining statements of work, review bids from contractors, negotiate costs and value-add services, identify optimal SLAs, and ensure vendor timelines are adequate to ensure all aspects of telecommunication requirements and performance standards are met.
- Develop KPI for delivered voice services.
- Partner with the business and other areas of IT in order to team and meet internal and external customer requirements and service levels.
- Plan and execute VoIP Infrastructure upgrades and migration activities while managing risk avoidance and remediation, performance, and compatibility of services with existing hardware and/or software, and ensuring features and services are aligned with best practices, SLAs, and customer requirements.
- Perform operations troubleshooting and support of voice communication networks, data services, devices, and connectivity/circuits.
- Work with Network Planning to establish a cost effective LCR capability with suppliers, carriers and operators to enable a good business model for buying and selling of voice services.
- Develop the appropriate management controls to ensure visibility into minute termination and origination costs and other sundries that make up the voice service.
- Optimize voice and related network services management facilities in a complex communications environment requiring interoperability, reliability, scalability, security, and international reach.
- Formulate and establish best practices and standards for the enterprise telephony environment that compliments O3b global growth, and uses the best of hybrid and cloud solutions and services.
- Proactively anticipate, prevent and eliminate voice-related problems and risks by identifying and creating efficient fixes for any security risks, patches/vulnerabilities, etc.
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- Technical/B.B.A. degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science highly desired.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years as a Voice Engineer or related technologies required.
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing voice / data communications in a globally distributed enterprise are required.
- Strong understanding of WAN technologies such as MPLS and knowledge of SIP and H.323 protocols is a must
- Hands-on experience implementing within a satellite based network.
- Experience in Cisco Gateway configurations and administration with strong knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways preferred
- Experience with PBX and Voice switching equipment
- Relevant certification(s) or experience (CCDP, CCVP, CCIE).
- Dedication - displays a strong commitment to the success of O3b and inspires others to commit to the organisations goals; demonstrates commitment and works hard in order to achieve goals.
- Resilience - deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Adapts quickly to change.
- Self-starter - takes initiative without close supervision and proactively identifies ways to contribute to O3bs goals and missions. Shows the ability to find own motivation for achieving a task with the ability to continue to make progress under difficult circumstances.
- Accountability - holds self and others accountable for individual and team results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Uses resources in an efficient way; recognizes when they are being consumed inappropriately and takes steps to ensure others are accountable. Shows honesty and truthfulness.
- Collaboration - establishes and maintains good working relationships; is co-operative and helps when needed while demonstrating an open-minded attitude. Shows an ability to work with others and relies on them to achieve common goals, shares information. Values the contribution of others.
- Performance Under Pressure - ability to deal with emotions in ways that keep oneself and others in good physical and emotional shape and that supports the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Problem Solving - ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and able to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It involves using past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning.
- Agility - the extent to which the individual is able to navigate the various obstacles and challenges presented in a day in their area of expertise and push forward to achieve results.
- Customer Focus - determined to meet or exceed customer expectations. This includes being able to develop client relationships built on trust as well as delivering the appropriate solutions tailored to client needs.
- Ability to travel to foreign and domestic locations
- Expected travel of up to 20%
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top