Vice President, Digital Transformation Office
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Vice President, Digital Transformation Office
Betzdorf - Luxembourg
The Vice President (VP), Digital Transformation Office will lead the newly created Digital Transformation Office. The latter will be the driver for harmonizing the SES IT Enterprise Architecture, create and maintain an SES IT strategy that is aligned with the SES Group five years business plan, coordinate the analysis and possible implementation of new IT technologies that may impact the business such as AI, Big Data, SaaS and deliver a more efficient IT Operating Model that will enable a better quality of service, reduced IT operating costs, more effective CapEx investments while allowing the business to exploit new IT capabilities.
The VP, Digital Transformation Office will own key IT transformation programs focused on IT Operating Model Transformation and other digital transformation activities, while leading a team composed of senior experts within the IT Department.
- Act as a key contributor to the development of the long-term IT/digital strategy for the group
- Analyze market data, perform benchmarking, investigate emerging IT technologies to identify areas of improvement as well as technology change that potentially could have a positive effect on the business
- Participate in driving business change and facilitate improvement in all operational areas
- Provide the processes, products and services which allow the NBUs (Natural Business Units) and Core functions to achieve SES strategy while leveraging on new IT capabilities
- Ensure the integration of the outcomes of all IT transformation programs into SES IT enterprise architecture, partner with the Business Applications teams to ensure a proper delivery of the programs
- Develop and maintain a set of guidelines, architecture principles and governance model for the IT organization
- Track and measure programs and initiatives to ensure successful program or initiative completion
- Manage budgets associated with IT Transformation initiatives in coordination with various IT groups
- Engage with business leaders in order to ensure that all stakeholders are supporting the IT Transformation and to secure the stakeholders buy-in
- Work across the IT teams on designing processes and programs to scale the knowledge of different business areas
- Facilitate the creation of communities of practice, establish processes for interaction and sharing experience within these communities
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of applicable professional experience, of which at least 8 years of proven track record of complex IT program management in a cross-functional environment
- Sound knowledge of Application and Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering, Agile and DevOps methods, IT Security, Mobile & Online Applications, Solution Delivery
- Very good understanding of the Telecommunication and Satellite industry
- Excellent project/program management skills with a focus on major transformation initiatives
- Experience in managing significant CapEx and OpEx budget while ensuring that programs are delivered to time, cost, scope and quality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovative spirit and business acumen
- Ability to take over responsibility and ownership for achievement of common cross functional goals
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage in highly competitive environments
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated decision-making capabilities and ability to balance conflicting interest
- Track record of successful performance as change agent, ability to overcome resistance to change
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top