Technical Architect, Lab
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Technical Architect, Lab
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Lab team plays a vital role in the development and certification of SES Network's satellite ground infrastructure. As the Technical Architect, you will be responsible for defining the testing processes and supporting the test team working on ground systems, terminals, lab systems, software systems and ground-based networks. In this role, you will be thinking about long-term goals and laying out a path for solving the major technical issues, as well as creating a technical roadmap for supporting current and future company initiatives that require testing and development in the Lab.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Research, plan, and manage Lab designs to meet future projects
- Architect complex technical solutions
- Participate in the review of projects, design, and technology requirements to ensure clarity and testability
- Analyze project requirements to identify and mitigate risks
- Engage product managers and engineering teams to establish and prepare testing requirements
- Work with the Automation Engineer to research, design, and develop automated functional test cases that ensure the project meets the intended requirements and quality standards
- Develop and communicate project acceptance criteria
- Provide regular status updates to management
- Ensure testing and quality assurance plans are integrated into the project life cycle
- Assist the Lab manager with project scheduling and priorities
- Assist Lab team members with broad or recurring technical issues
- Provide technical training and guidance to the Lab team members
- Support R&D efforts involving new and modified implementations, equipment, and system-wide enhancements required to support existing and new SES Networks products and services
- Develop test methodologies and conduct investigations involving SES Networks satellite links, modem configurations, telecommunications protocols, WAN/LAN technologies, and application layer performance
- Attend vendor acceptance tests for new terminal and other hardware development, and participate in industry conferences when possible
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in RF satellite Ground Systems including Gateways, Teleports, Network & Satellite Operation facilities and related technologies
- 5+ years of networking experience, platform independent
- 5+ Years of experience developing and supporting satellite terminal systems and satellite-based networking & data systems
- Experience with virtual machines, platform independent
- Experience with packet generation and analysis
- Hands on experience with test equipment and test software (Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Protocol Analyzers, etc…)
- Experience with L2-7 traffic generation and capture (Wireshark, tcpdump, Spirent Test Center).
- Scripting (bash, perl, python, windows batch)
- In depth experience with Windows and various Linux distributions
- Excellent command of software office suites (MS Office, and similar)
- Proven experience with generating test plans, test process documents, technical release documents, test plans
- Understands data and RF network testing concepts and standards – e.g. RFC2544 testing
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top