System Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Analytics
Main Purpose of This Role
The System Reliability Engineer plays a key role in advancing our systems availability and resiliency. The Reliability engineer ensures O3b hardware, system, platform, or service has the highest quality and reliability that meet performance requirements and users' expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Assist the Technical Architect in the design, system test, and deployment of Traffic Analytics and WAN Optimization products.
- Drives technical defect/bug resolution.
- Manages interface between defect sources and the team.
- Provide Technical expertise in support of R&D efforts for current and future systems design.
- Address systems reliability concerns early within the product life-cycle.
- Generate and maintain appropriate documentation for internal and external use.
- Responsible for the development of test plans to support the validation of current and future systems and to ensure they meet requirements.
- Deploy systems in a lab environment, run test plans, and generate test reports.
- Assist with solutions design for improving O3b customer's Quality of Experience (QoE).
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- BS/MA degree Engineering, Computer Sciences, IT or similar.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Networking and Data communications.
- 3+ years of experience in ISP Network and Systems Environment, preferably in a reliability engineer role.
- Excellent level in IP protocols, TCP, UDP, RTP, routing protocols, and switching.
- Deep understanding of RTT, Jitter, MTBF, MTTR.
- Strong knowledge of DPI engines and traffic analytics platforms.
- Strong knowledge of WAN optimization techniques including TCP Acceleration, Caching, and compression.
- Experience with integrating presentation platforms (like salesforce wave, Splunk, and etc) into existing systems.
- Experience with RESTful interfaces. JSON, SOAP, and etc.
- Strong working knowledge of the UNIX system environment.
- CCNA, CCIE, JNCIE, MEF and or other industry certification is a plus.
- Understanding of GEO and MEO satellites' latency and its impact on TCP/IP performance is a plus.
- Dedication - displays a strong commitment to the success of O3b and inspires others to commit to the organisations goals; demonstrates commitment and works hard in order to achieve goals.
- Resilience - deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Adapts quickly to change.
- Self-starter - takes initiative without close supervision and proactively identifies ways to contribute to O3bs goals and missions. Shows the ability to find own motivation for achieving a task with the ability to continue to make progress under difficult circumstances.
- Accountability - holds self and others accountable for individual and team results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Uses resources in an efficient way; recognizes when they are being consumed inappropriately and takes steps to ensure others are accountable. Shows honesty and truthfulness.
- Collaboration - establishes and maintains good working relationships; is co-operative and helps when needed while demonstrating an open-minded attitude. Shows an ability to work with others and relies on them to achieve common goals, shares information. Values the contribution of others.
- Performance Under Pressure - ability to deal with emotions in ways that keep oneself and others in good physical and emotional shape and that supports the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Problem Solving - ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and able to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It involves using past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning.
- Agility - the extent to which the individual is able to navigate the various obstacles and challenges presented in a day in their area of expertise and push forward to achieve results.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top