Main Purpose of This Role
The Support Engineer is a key member of the O3b Operations team, providing engineering support to our customers both internally and externally. The Support Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and resolution of our global customer services and infrastructure on a 24/7/365 basis. The Support engineer will form part of a team made up of different skills and experience from multiple technologies to be able to support our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Pro-actively monitor our global customer services and infrastructure
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Analyse events and trends from multiple systems to diagnose and restore our customer services
- Initiate, update and resolve records clearly and concisely as part following standards and processes
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and or management
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Manage customer expectations and escalations and de-escalate the situation as necessary
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles to form part of our knowledge management system
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Serve as the primary customer contact for incident management and all other operational requests
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience
Qualifications & Experience:
- Incident/Problem/Event/Change management work flow and recording systems
- Good knowledge of enterprise-class IP and or RF baseband infrastructure
- Fundamental understanding of communications satellites
- Reliable employment history with an emphasis on attendance and being punctual for work.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Good communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues in business terms
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Sense of urgency, and initiative to get things done
- Resourcefulness in getting the job done by working through or around challenges and obstacles
- Polite and professional engagement with customers under all circumstances
Only candidates who have a legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. (US citizens, Green Card holders or Permanent residents) will be considered for this role.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top