Space Systems Operations Engineer
The objective of the Space Systems Operations Engineer / Real Time Engineer (RTE) is to provide 24/7 state of health assessment of the satellite(s), operational technical support and coordination of initial anomaly response. This role requires shift work.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Space Vehicle State of Health (SOH) Assessment on 24/7 basis: Review in and out of contact telemetry and alarms to assess the SOH of the satellite. Perform SOH checks at the start, during and end of the contact (to include Payload configuration, alarms, limits, asynchronous messages, etc…)
- Operational Technical Support: Space vehicle engineering support to address any question/issue/concern elevated by the flight operations team
- Directly supporting the satellite operations staff to diagnose problems during anomaly resolution
- Responsible for facilitating the execution of off-nominal spacecraft activities the Ops team: Work with the Satellite Controllers in implementing any new or modified procedures based on real time events and anomaly resolution activities
- Process improvement: contribute to ongoing process improvements, tool development, spacecraft and ground procedures and standard operating procedures
- Other ad-hoc tasks, as assigned by Line Manager
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
Education & certifications:
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Experience & specific knowledge:
- 2 years of technical and hands-on application experience in the Satellite Operations area showing steady increase in overall responsibility;
- Specific experience successfully working with and within large organizational infrastructures
- Patience and tenacity to work with others with English as a second language
- Proven ability to smoothly organize and apply structure to potentially chaotic and confusing situations such as may occur in a development environment
- Demonstrated performance as a reliable team player
- Self-Starter with a high level of personal accountability
- Working independently to apply knowledge and training
Only candidates who have a legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. (US citizens, Green Card holders or Permanent residents) will be considered for this role.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top