Senior Sales Manager - North America
MX1, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SES, is a global leading media services provider. We work with leading media businesses to transform content into the ultimate viewer experience for a global audience. MX1 offers a full range of content management, delivery and value-added digital media services. We have 16 offices worldwide including six global state-of-the-art media centres, enabling customers to reach billions of people around the world.
Come and be part of the MX1 team and champion the future of media!
Senior Sales Manager - North America
Princeton NY, Los Angeles CA
You will identify, develop and manage new and existing business opportunities for media companies based in the United States and Canada for the provision of the full range of services that content providers require to manage and to distribute their content. Your primary responsibility will be to sell MX1 products and services to meet the needs of Media customers in developing and existing areas of video distribution and management including, but not limited to, traditional satellite services, IP based content and cloud based distribution. The role includes annual sales targets.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Develop new sales opportunities and bring in new clients. It is expected that the Senior Sales manager will confidently handle multiple key accounts and will coordinate with client executives responsible for all aspects of distributing and managing video, including IT, fiber, satellite, and cutting edge distribution technologies.
- Generate and qualify leads and approach new business opportunities to drive new revenue and meet sales goals. Design the best solutions for client requirements using all available satellite, fiber, and IP resources; also by traveling to secure new business with new clients.
- Establish and execute on account plans for key prospects or customers by drafting formal proposals and responses to client RFPs.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing, assigned customers.
- Managing timely renewals of existing services and promoting additional sales to contracted clients.
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in MX1's CRM and other management reports.
- Coordinate internally with pre-sales engineers to design creative solutions for clients and to identify and coordinate any technical assistance needed.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in video distribution. Acquire a complete knowledge of MX1's services and new product offerings.
- Coordinate within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineering, finance, legal, product and operations staff to manage and resolve customer issues
- Knowledge and proven track record of selling technical systems and solutions within the region
- Strong interpersonal, selling and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively make commercial offers, negotiate price variations and drive the sales process by personal engagement in key deals
- Sound product knowledge, excellent networks and a proven commercial track record within the market place
- Very good presentation and communication skills as well as time management/priority setting ability
- In this highly competitive market it is necessary to have any ongoing knowledge and understanding of the market and developments in the customer base. Specific trends or shifts in the market need to be monitored, tracked, analyzed and reported to management or other parts of the organization
- High level of personal integrity, and adhere to a strict code of conduct and personal behavior
- Very good commercial judgment and the ability to operate within a sometimes high pressure environment, or under short timeframes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A University degree within Engineering, Marketing, Commerce or any other relevant area
- Minimum five years of experience in a closely related field selling distribution networks to broadcasters and content providers via satellite, fiber, and cloud based services.
- Must have experience interfacing with sales engineers and executives in this field.
- Full working knowledge of basic accounting, marketing and financial principles
- While supported by specialist Sales Engineers, the incumbent must have the ability to understand sufficient technical knowledge to effectively market the Company's products to the largely technical customer base
- Fluent spoken and written English is required.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
- Willingness travel within the region, up to 33 % of the time
What to expect?
This is a challenging opportunity in a multinational company. Being a 100% affiliated company of SES – one of the worlds leading satellite operator – we may offer you a wide range of fringe benefits including: stock options, company pension scheme, free accident insurance and Sodexo meal voucher.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top