Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
You will be either involved as a team member, or responsible for supporting the preparation of proposals, Invitation To Tenders (ITTs) on projects as well as services.
You will be responsible during project lifetime for programmatic aspects, budget, contractual obligations, management of the various internal/external resources and suppliers in an integrated approach towards the Customers and along the scope defined.
- Support the attraction of contracts by supporting the various Request for Proposal phases like proposal preparations, proposal handover, proposal and contract negotiations
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of projects. This means be responsible for the management, the design, the specifications and implementation of:
- One-way, two-way, VSAT, anchor stations, broadcast/broadband communication platforms via MEO and GEO satellites
Measurement as well as monitoring & control systems (including satellite IOT and M&C Systems)
- Manage projects which includes:
- Coordination of all internal and external resources
- Preparation and negotiation of contract amendments
Leading and managing project teams: plan, organise and assigns tasks and duties within the team and along the requirements
- Build up relationships with customers through the various project realization phases
- Coordinate the setup and manage budgets, procurements, integrations, installations and handover and coordinate with other functions whenever needed (Engineering, Project Control, Commercial, Legal, Finance)
- Use professional project management tools as deemed appropriate to track, report and document project progress and enforce within the team the usage of those tools
- Contribute or manage the set-up of cost/pricing templates in the frame of proposal preparation works
- Support the yearly preparation of company operational expense (OPEX) budgets
- Promote SES products and services in the satellite Industry and related markets, contribute to scientific papers
- Travel as required for promotion and project realization purposes
- Master's degree in RF, Electronics, Telecommunications, IT or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in engineering and implementing telecommunications systems
- Proven project management experience of minimum 5 years not necessarily sequential with the engineering experience, preferably confirmed by a PMI certification
- Skilled in the daily usage of office and PM software (IBM Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project…)
- Experience of having worked with institutional, defense and international organizations would be considered as an asset
- Excellent communication skills, analytical sense, ability to synthesize
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate, work under tight deadlines as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams and to integrate individual duties towards successful realizations
- Proven experience in anticipating, managing and mitigating risks
- Proactive approach towards existing and potential customers, innovative spirit
- Fluency in English; any other language is considered an asset
- Willing to travel internationally
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top