Main Purpose of This Role
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager plays a critical role in managing the entire end to end operational lifecycle of O3b's customer services and infrastructure. The NOC Manager role is to work collaboratively with operational, infrastructure and customer facing functions to help ensure the stable operation, reliability, and security of our customer services and infrastructure. The NOC Manager is responsible for Incident management, reporting, process implementation and compliance as well as mentor and train the support teams to the highest level to support multiple technologies and services in a consistent and measurable fashion. The NOC Manager will work closely, and with minimal supervision, with operations and business teams and will provide guidance and input into strategic direction/development of customer services and infrastructure monitoring and support.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Manage a team of Team leads and engineers to support our global customer's services and infrastructure using monitoring & control systems on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Manages staffing levels, training and competency management to ensure the team's ability to support multiple technologies, processes and services.
- Implement career roadmaps with a goal to develop measurable talent to the business.
- Provide clear direction and strategic goals to the entire team to ensure everyone is aligned and understands the vision and the reasoning and returns behind them.
- Promote a proactive rather than a reactive culture within the team and the organization through improved analysis and metrics with focus on developing a team that can provide analysis and troubleshooting autonomously.
- Drive and promote accountability within the team using a fact-based approach to measure successes and failure with the ability to accept accountability and learn from mistakes to drive change.
- Ensure the team maintains and updates knowledge base related to supported services and technologies.
- Drive industry best practice process compliance, consistency and advocacy across the team as well as the entire organization to drive continual service improvements.
- Working with the business to develop, enforce and maintain customer Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Develop, implement and test a disaster recovery program to ensure continuity in the event of a Network Operation Centre failure.
- Manage collaboration and communication with multiple groups, functions and vendors to align process and procedures to ensure smooth integrations and interfaces between the organization.
- Manage and drive face to face customer service review meetings, ensuring we are listening, learning, understanding and empathizing with our customer service issues they may or may not face, with the ability to transform negative situations in to positive objective driven long-term solutions.
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Satellite Communication, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related years of experience within the communications industry.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of managing a Network Operation Centre/Support Center.
- Experience of supporting large complex global networks to multiple global customers.
- Proven ability to manage, recruit, develop, mentor and lead an operational support team while delivering talent to the rest of the business.
- ITIL Certification with a proven ability to develop and implement.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with an ability to convey messages in an appropriate manner to both external and internal customers.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex technical and business issues, summarize, identify and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage real-time interaction with the customers, including dealing with sensitive/contentious topics in a manner that protects O3b's interests while still ensuring the customers interests are addressed.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to frequent change and can work a flexible schedule.
- Must have demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Dedication - displays a strong commitment to the success of O3b and inspires others to commit to the organisations goals; demonstrates commitment and works hard in order to achieve goals.
- Resilience - deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Adapts quickly to change.
- Self-starter - takes initiative without close supervision and proactively identifies ways to contribute to O3bs goals and missions. Shows the ability to find own motivation for achieving a task with the ability to continue to make progress under difficult circumstances.
- Accountability - holds self and others accountable for individual and team results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Uses resources in an efficient way; recognizes when they are being consumed inappropriately and takes steps to ensure others are accountable. Shows honesty and truthfulness.
- Collaboration - establishes and maintains good working relationships; is co-operative and helps when needed while demonstrating an open-minded attitude. Shows an ability to work with others and relies on them to achieve common goals, shares information. Values the contribution of others.
- Performance Under Pressure - ability to deal with emotions in ways that keep oneself and others in good physical and emotional shape and that supports the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Problem Solving - ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and able to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It involves using past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning.
- Agility - the extent to which the individual is able to navigate the various obstacles and challenges presented in a day in their area of expertise and push forward to achieve results.
- Customer Focus - determined to meet or exceed customer expectations. This includes being able to develop client relationships built on trust as well as delivering the appropriate solutions tailored to client needs.
Only candidates who have a legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. (US citizens, Green Card holders or Permanent residents) will be considered for this role.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top