MX1, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SES, is a global leading media services provider. We work with leading media businesses to transform content into the ultimate viewer experience for a global audience. MX1 offers a full range of content management, delivery and value-added digital media services. We have 16 offices worldwide including six global state-of-the-art media centres, enabling customers to reach billions of people around the world.
Come and be part of the MX1 team and champion the future of media!
USA - Hawley, PA
The job holder designs network concepts that effectively mitigate network security risks, while accommodating complex operational needs.
He/she designs, implements and operates network controls in accordance with network security concepts to ensure secure, resilient, available networks that adequately safeguard information assets of MX1.
The jobholder will also provide network related project support and internal consultancy within the organization as well as for customer related projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Design and planning high speed networks for video, multicast traffic.
- Establishing new services from new sites into the MX1 global network.
- Fault treatment and troubleshooting.
- Design and planning network security systems
- Review network security controls and provide specific recommendations to mitigate risks
- Perform information security audits and vulnerability assessments and support the management of vulnerabilities
- On-call duty as required
- Individual contributors who plan and organise own work, or manage smaller projects, or supervisors of staff whose tasks are broadly similar, establishing and delivering team objectives. Allocates routine tasks where the end result is clear and precedents available; checks back regularly on progress
- Carries out own task and willingly cooperates with colleagues to achieve team objectives, where necessary
- Actively seeks / listens to feedback from customers and addresses them appropriately. Provides input to supervisor in order to assist the continual improvement in service standards and delivery
- Analyses complex and diverse problems that could have a major impact on the organisation. This could include examining new ideas or finding the root cause of an existing problem in order to minimise the risk of reoccurrence
- Operates in a role subject to accepted policies and procedures but where there is some freedom to act within prescribed guidelines and where decisions are likely to impact on other areas within the organization
- Uses depth of organizational and professional knowledge to determine how procedures should change to meet the future requirements of their area
- Introduces, conveys and implements new ideas and ways of working to achieve benefits across their area of responsibility. Seeks areas for change and is able to convey the rationale for change to others
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer science
- Relevant Security & Networking certifications (CCNP/CCIP/ CISSP)
- At least 3 years of operational experience in global enterprise production Network & Security
- Good understanding of network design (e.g. LAN/WAN, routing protocols, routers) and protocols (e.g., IPv4, BGP, MPLS , VPN, IPSec, DNS) , Multicast routing .
- Layer 2 equipment, protocol and technology (switches, LACP, STP, VLANs).
- Highly experienced with : Cisco/Juniper/HP Communication Components Routers & Switches,
- Highly experienced with : Checkpoint and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with vast of security technologies like: SIEM, VPN, IPS, Portnox NAC etc.
What to expect?
This is a challenging opportunity in a multinational company. Being a 100% affiliated company of SES – one of the worlds leading satellite operator – we may offer you a wide range of fringe benefits including: stock options, company pension scheme, free accident insurance and Sodexo meal voucher.
We look forward to receiving your application via email to: www.ses.com.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top