Internship - Strategy & Market Intelligence
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Internship - Strategy & Market Intelligence
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
6 months internship, based in Betzdorf, Luxembourg
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the global Strategy & Market Intelligence (SMI) team in a fast-paced, growing organization within the dynamic telecommunications and media industry.
You will contribute to identifying and evaluating global market opportunities, tracking competitive information and analyzing major trends in the media and telecommunication business worldwide.
The exposure to a broad range of diverse activities will provide a comprehensive understanding of the Strategy & Market Intelligence department and SES's various business verticals. This position supports as well various teams of the Strategy & Development department.
- Provide Market Intelligence support to the global SMI team and other teams within the Strategy & Development department
- Support updating and improving reports, analyses and IT based visualization tools to communicate Market Intelligence
- Help optimizing data workflow between SES's suppliers and SMI databases
- Gather intelligence on competition and customers to set up new reports and dashboards
- Contribute to various strategic projects
- Assist in researching and reporting on ad-hoc selected markets and developments and creating presentations for internal stakeholders and management
- Master degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Digital Marketing or equivalent education or demonstrable equivalent work experience in lieu of formal qualifications
- Strong interest in the telecommunication and media business and technical interest in satellites
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to work well in a multi-cultural, international and virtual teams environment
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with data modeling and data visualization
- Proven experience using the latest data visualization tools, ideally experience with MS Power BI and/or similar tools (e.g. Qlik, DOMO, Tableau) is considered a big plus
- Execution orientation, ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Very strong computer literacy (MS Power BI, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Can-do attitude; ready to work in a challenging and international environment
- Drive to follow-through on task until completion
- Easiness to communicate at all levels
- Experience in telecommunication and media industry is considered a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset
- EU-nationality or valid work permit for Luxembourg
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top