Internship - Distributed VoIP platform
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Internship - Distributed VoIP platform
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
6 months internship, starting asap in 2018.
SES Techcom Services is a Luxembourg-based subsidiary of SES. Leveraging on the technical expertise accumulated within the Group by operating satellites for almost 30 years, SES Techcom provides technical services to the Satellite Industry on a worldwide basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the SES TechCom Product Engineering team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry.
Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to the following activities:
- Support the integration, configuration, validation and upgrade of our distributed VoIP platform based on open source technologies such as FreeSwitch;
- Configuring and testing functionalities such as voice encryption, text messaging support for our Android and iOS client apps, as well as integration of our multi-tenant portal into a customer website through Jasig CAS and HTML5 and REST interface.
- Master's degree graduate in ICT field;
- Strong interest in software verification, system integration and quality assurance;
- Advanced ICT knowledge with tangible experience in Linux and IP networks. Knowledge of HTML5, Jasig CAS and VoIP related technologies is considered a valuable asset;
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills,
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Easiness to communicate at all levels;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top