Internship - Digital Signage solution
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Internship - Digital Signage solution
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
3 month internship starting April
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the New Technology & Standards Media team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to the RaspberryPi based, Satellite fed, digital signage solution project.
Satellites are particulary suitable for large scale dissemination of information. One of the commercially relevant applications for satellite broadcasting is digital signage. Digital signage is used to distribute information to public spaces e.g. to a single display in a store or to thousands of displays nationwide. There are currently a few RaspberryPi based digital signage solutions available such as "screenly" (screenly.io), but none has the option of sourcing its data from a satellite feed. In this internship project we propose to build on our last year's project and integrate a multicast satellite distribution mechanism ("FLUTE") into an existing RaspberryPi based digital signage solution. The project duration will be 4 months and requires good knowledge of Linux and some advanced programming skills (C/C++, Python,…)
- Port the FLUTE based IP multicast file distribution client to the RaspberryPi environment
- Investigate options to interface with an external satellite receiver
- Integrate FLUTE with an existing RaspberryPi Digital signage solution and build an image.
- Setup an end-to-end digital signage solution via a live satellite link
- Document the project
The delivrables are:
- A short 2‑page progress report shall be provided after the first month
- A Project Report shall be provided at the end of the project.
- A live satellite demonstrator shall be installed at SES premises.
- Being an advanced student in MS Office or in a relevant technical area;
- Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
- Good C/C++ and Python programming skills, Experience with open source tools. Experience with Linux. Interest in satellite broadcasting technologies
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Easiness to communicate at all levels;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top