Global Support Engineer
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Global Support Engineer
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Support Engineer is a key member of the SES Networks' Operations team providing engineering support to our customers both internally and externally. The Support Engineer is responsible for the monitoring, reporting, restoration and analysis of our global customer services and infrastructure on a 24 x 7 basis. The Support engineer will form part of a team made up of highly skilled and experienced engineers from multiple communications technology disciplines, using industry best practice methodologies to support our customers solutions and services.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Pro-actively monitor our global customer services and infrastructure
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution
- Analyse events and trends from multiple systems to diagnose and restore customer services
- Initiate, update and resolve records clearly and concisely, following standards and processes
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues using best practise methodologies
- Follow standard procedures for escalation of unresolved Incidents to the appropriate internal teams and or management
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge articles to form part of our knowledge management system
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Good communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues in business terms
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Sense of urgency, and initiative to get things done
- Resourcefulness in getting the job done by working through or around challenges and obstacles
- Polite and professional engagement with customers under all circumstances
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or a minimum of 5 years' work experience within the communications industry in a technical network support/engineering function.
- Experience with ITIL aligned Incident/Problem/Event/Change management processes
- Good knowledge of enterprise-class IP Network infrastructure
- Demonstrated understanding of BGP, OSPF and MPLS, Layer 2/3 VPNs and IPsec
- Network analysis and experience using TCP/IP, SNMP, NTP, DNS, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of QoS (Quality of Service) and QoE (Quality of Experience)
- Experience of working with enterprise level network M&C systems and network analysis systems
- Familiarity with the MX, SRX, EX Juniper product lines is an advantage
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems administration and creation shell scripts is an advantage
- Juniper certifications and experience preferred e.g. JNCIA / JNCIS / JNCIP
- Cisco certifications, e.g. CCNA / CCNP
- Reliable employment history with an emphasis on career development and contribution.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top