Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
Fixed-term contract (12 months)
You will contribute to the development, implementation, and improvement of ground based services and systems, and also take an active role in the preparation of technical proposals in response to international tenders.
Key activities include the collection of SES customer requirements, the engineering of communications systems, the preparation of technical studies, reports, specifications, contractual documentation and operational guidelines while working with SES internal and external partners.
- Deliver projects and services to customers within the agreed budget, specification and schedule:
- Support the specification, design, implementation, validation of system architecture, networking facilities and development work, including project control functions
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of software/computer infrastructure and/or modifications to comply with specific customer requirements such as their standards, interfaces and software and hardware technologies
- Interface customer and prepare the commercial documentation such as technical system specifications, cost estimations and contractual documents
- Perform system design, handle budgets and procurements, manage installations and the operational handover of software systems
- In coordination with the Service Management team, ensure the second Level Customer Support for the delivered system
- Follow-up technology development in the area of expertise and make recommendations regarding evolution of SES Network' services and products
- Interface and engage with external partners (e.g. customers, NGO's, Government bodies, investment partners, vendors, shareholders, etc.)
- Follow-up of delivered systems during lifetime operations
- Take an active part in SES Techcom's proposal activities through the provision of technical specifications, statement of works and cost estimations, in response to customer requests.
- Proactively scope the technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assess customers' needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and SES
- Master Degree in Computer Science and/or Telecommunications
- Minimum 5 years of applicable professional experience in software engineering - implementing large, reliable, distributed client server applications and communication protocols
- Knowledge of software engineering methodologies and standards, like UML, ITIL, ECSS
- Good understanding of service oriented architectures (SOA), like J2EE
- Sound knowledge in database systems, network design (emphasis on TCPIIP), deployment and operations
- Familiar with UNIX/Linux OS, Android, iOS, VMware, Cloud Computing, Software Build System, Ticketing Systems
- Strong project management skills (incl. budget management, risk, and schedule analysis)
- Knowledge of the satellite technologies and satellite based communication
- Experience in pre-sales engineering is an asset
- Good communication and conflict management skills in a multicultural and interdisciplinary set-up
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, any other language is consider as an asset
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top