Engineer, Hardware System Integration
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy helping customers experience breakthroughs in their business? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time to be part of SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world's leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company's robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
- Helps close the digital divide by connecting people in the most remote and difficult to connect places around the world.
- Makes it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km high on a commercial airplane.
- Provides extensive satellite coverage across all the world's seas and oceans via dedicated mobility beams.
- Works together with our partners to develop new standards and technology, use intelligent analytics to optimise capacity utilisation and user experience.
Engineer, Hardware System Integration
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Engineer, Hardware System Integration is a key member of the SES Networks Ground Systems engineering team, providing technical expertise in the areas of satellite terminal, gateway, and baseband systems development. In this role, your primary objective is to ensure SES Networks customers have the highest quality integrated, turn key systems available, meeting the company's system performance requirements by creating and maintaining detailed design packages for Customer terminals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Perform System Engineering design and analyses in support of the SES Networks Ground System terminal and baseband systems integrated solutions development and implementation
- Produce detailed design documentation including BoM, interconnect drawings, block diagrams, wire run lists, and installation guides
- Develop and validate ground terminal implementation, integration, and certification processes
- Provide technical leadership to subcontractors and vendors developing MEO & Ka compatible antennas, RF components, baseband equipment, and support equipment
- Provide System Engineering leadership in the deployment of the complete integrates solutions at SES Networks and Customer facilities located worldwide
- Develop and document requirements, specifications, interfaces, test plans, and supporting the Operations, Maintenance and Sustainment programs
- Develop forward-looking architectures and designs that support implementation of evolving O3b products and capabilities
- Lead development of advanced capabilities and turn key solutions
- Other ad-hoc tasks, as assigned by Line Manager
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English
- Effective communication and presentations skills in working with both technical and non-technical support staff
- Ability to provide accurate information to vendors and other colleagues, in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, with well-developed organizational skills
- High attention the details
- Demonstrated performance as a reliable team player
- Self-Starter with a high level of personal accountability
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- Resourcefully working through or around anything blocking things that need to be accomplished
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment
- Ability to travel, up to 25% of the time
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering or Computer Science, or similar
- 7 years of experience in developing satellite communication systems, satellite terminal systems or satellite-based networking & data systems; Ka-Band systems experience a plus
- Experience in the development integrated systems including documentation such as interconnect drawings, wire run lists, BOM, MOP, etc.
- At least 5 years of operational experience in remote baseband, IF, RF, antennas, and WAN/LAN equipment
- In-Depth knowledge of Telecommunications Satellite Systems including teleport systems
- Expert working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, and Modem systems equipment
- Highly experienced in developing and maintaining high availability satellite or telecommunications systems through the use of manned and unmanned facilities
- Complete understanding of GEO, MEO, and LEO telecommunications satellite technologies and systems
- Knowledge of internet based network connectivity principles and implementation
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use System Engineering processes
- Excellent/Good command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top