Main Purpose of This Role
The DevOps Engineer role will collaborate with Software Development, Infrastructure and Network teams to deploy and operate O3Bs computing platform. The DevOps Engineer will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving issues in our test and production environments.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Design, deploy, and maintain Ansible product suite in both Test and Production Environments
- Create companywide standards and procedures for using ansible
- Serve as a subject matter expert for automation within O3b
- Automate existing provisioning of virtual machines, operating systems, applications, and services
- Automate recovery procedures for common failure scenarios
- Assist internal customers in automation effort by providing best practices and guidance
- Participate in engineering discussions to provide inputs on automating processes
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science
Qualifications & Experience:
- Automation experience with Ansible playbooks and Ansible Tower
- Strong coding and scripting abilities in python and bash
- Experience with DevOps tools such as git/gitlab, artifactory, docker containers
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Expert knowledge of Linux package management, kvm/libvirt, selinux, and certificate management
- Ability to troubleshoot core software platform and infrastructure components
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience writing documentation, procedures and best practices in technical environments
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow team members
- Telecommunications Industry experience is a plus
- Dedication - displays a strong commitment to the success of O3b and inspires others to commit to the organisations goals; demonstrates commitment and works hard to achieve goals.
- Resilience - deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Adapts quickly to change.
- Self-starter - takes initiative without close supervision and proactively identifies ways to contribute to O3bs goals and missions. Shows the ability to find own motivation for achieving a task with the ability to continue to make progress under difficult circumstances.
- Accountability - holds self and others accountable for individual and team results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Uses resources in an efficient way; recognizes when they are being consumed inappropriately and takes steps to ensure others are accountable. Shows honesty and truthfulness.
- Collaboration - establishes and maintains good working relationships; is co-operative and helps when needed while demonstrating an open-minded attitude. Shows an ability to work with others and relies on them to achieve common goals, shares information. Values the contribution of others.
- Performance Under Pressure - ability to deal with emotions in ways that keep oneself and others in good physical and emotional shape and that supports the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Problem Solving - ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and able to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It involves using past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning.
- Agility - the extent to which the individual can navigate the various obstacles and challenges presented in a day in their area of expertise and push forward to achieve results.
- Customer Focus - determined to meet or exceed customer expectations. This includes being able to develop client relationships built on trust as well as delivering the appropriate solutions tailored to client needs.
Only candidates who have a legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. (US citizens, Green Card holders or Permanent residents) will be considered for this role.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top