COTS Platform Engineer
Main Purpose of This Role
Platform Engineer shall work closely with product owners, engineering and operations to implement applications and solutions that drive business value. Platform Engineer will de-sign, create, maintain, audit and improve applications and systems to support a variety of platforms within the O3b product family. Platform Engineer shall leverage COTS products where applicable by architecting the integration components required to create a seamless user experience. Platform Engineer shall play a critical role in helping establish standards that are used in building world class platforms and shall make recommendations for future enhancements and optimization across the O3b landscape.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Develop and implement cost effective telecommunication solutions, and support infrastructure that meets current and future business demands.
- Drive the adoption of agile development practices across the team.
- Utilize strong technical problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend and implement solutions for network-related solutions.
- Provide strategic technical direction, roadmap and design, installation, and configuration of all current and future COTS integration initiatives.
- Review as needed, responses from contractors, define statements of work, negotiate costs and value-add services, identify optimal SLAs, and ensure vendor timelines are adequate to ensure all aspects of telecommunication requirements and performance standards are met.
- Architects, designs and implements core services, processes and technologies that provide reliability, high availability, performance and scalability.
- Leads and manages integration efforts and collaborates with external vendors to help facilitate rapid delivery.
- Review, write and edit technical documents, presentations, briefings, white papers and other deliverables as required.
- Create and execute test plans.
- Utilize experience, technical knowledge and programming skills to identify problematic areas and optimize existing environment (to include capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service).
- Proactively anticipate, prevent and eliminate-related problems and risks by identifying and creating efficient fixes for any security risks, patches/vulnerabilities, etc.
- Assists with definition of project scope and objectives, as well as provides technical architecture input and coordinates programming practices of a project team, and identifies resource needs.
- Ensures adherences to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Maintain source control and change management.
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
- BS degree Computer Science / Software Engineering or related discipline
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in COTS Software Integration.
- Experience with Captive Portal, Billing, and Rating Software integration is highly preferred
- Coding proficiency with one of the following languages: Python, Java, Go
- Ability to interact with customers and team members without supervision
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment, dealing with multiple priorities
- Excellent organization and administration skills
- Dedication - displays a strong commitment to the success of O3b and inspires others to commit to the organisations goals; demonstrates commitment and works hard in order to achieve goals.
- Resilience - deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Adapts quickly to change.
- Self-starter - takes initiative without close supervision and proactively identifies ways to contribute to O3bs goals and missions. Shows the ability to find own motivation for achieving a task with the ability to continue to make progress under difficult circumstances.
- Accountability - holds self and others accountable for individual and team results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Uses resources in an efficient way; recognizes when they are being consumed inappropriately and takes steps to ensure others are accountable. Shows honesty and truthfulness.
- Collaboration - establishes and maintains good working relationships; is co-operative and helps when needed while demonstrating an open-minded attitude. Shows an ability to work with others and relies on them to achieve common goals, shares information. Values the contribution of others.
- Performance Under Pressure - ability to deal with emotions in ways that keep oneself and others in good physical and emotional shape and that supports the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Problem Solving - ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and able to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It involves using past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning.
- Agility - the extent to which the individual is able to navigate the various obstacles and challenges presented in a day in their area of expertise and push forward to achieve results.
- Customer Focus - determined to meet or exceed customer expectations. This includes being able to develop client relationships built on trust as well as delivering the appropriate solutions tailored to client needs.
Only candidates who have a legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. (US citizens, Green Card holders or Permanent residents) will be considered for this role.
O3b Networks conducts background checks, including references check for all final applicants.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top