Analyst, Cyber Security Monitoring and Incident Response
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment
Analyst, Cyber Security Monitoring/ Incident Response(based in Luxembourg or Princeton)
LU - Betzdorf / US - Princeton
You will be part of an advanced cybersecurity function and help defend a global communications network including the largest fleet of commercial satellites in the world. Join our diverse team of highly skilled and talented security professionals and experience the full diversity of cybersecurity. Seize the opportunity to work with cutting edge security technologies in an agile international team with room to grow.
- Monitor, analyse, record and document security events from the SIEM as well as from other sources to identify security incidents
- Tune and maintain security monitoring tools, including but not limited to SIEM platform regarding log sources onboarding, log parsing and interpretation, rules/alerts/reports definition, SIEM static data management (assets, networks etc.)
- Follow-up alerts together with the responsible system owners
- Improve security monitoring efficiency and incident response tasks through automation and scripting
- Support and perform technical analyses of security threats and incidents, including malware analysis, network and system forensic analyses
- Record and document security incidents, including analysis results, the timeline of events and incident response activities
- Continuously improve SES's information security posture by contributing to the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of the information security framework, including relevant policies, processes, procedures, infrastructure and tools
- Provide statistics and KPIs to support key security management processes
- NATO/EU SECRET clearances are considered a strong asset. Candidate must be willing to undergo a security clearance procedure as this position might require holding security clearance
- Travel and on-call duty as required
- Degree in Computer Science and minimum of 2 years industry related experience in computer security and incident response
- Knowledge of state of the art incident response and forensics tools, techniques and tactics
- Experienced in capturing memory, disk images and network traffic as well as analyzing these for indicators of compromise
- Programming and scripting skills in different programming/scripting languages are considered an advantage
- Knowledge of security technologies, such as Antivirus, Network and Host Intrusion Detection Systems, Web Proxy/Content Filtering and Authentication technologies
- Experience with a top tier SIEM solution (e.g. IBM QRadar, Splunk for Security, HP Arcsight, EMC/RSA Security Analytics) is a plus
- Relevant security certifications (e.g. GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GCIA) and product certifications are a plus
- Experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering would be considered an advantage
- Openness for worktime flexibility within 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. timeframe
- Autonomous, innovative mind with sound analytical skills
- Stress resistant and able to manage multiple incidents and tasks at the same time
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of O3B Networks's Employees
Director of Operations Engineering
Saba runs the Operations Team responsible for managing the company’s network and RF ground infrastructure and providing customer support for the Network Operation Center.
Back to top