Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 100,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the team
The Intelligence team at Nylas is responsible for the forward development of various services that build on top of emails, calendars, and contacts. We utilize natural language processing, machine learning, and integrations with external APIs to categorize and contextualize information for developers to build an intelligence layer on top of Nylas’ world-class communications layer.
About the role
This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying various solutions from rule-based to deep learning models leveraging on Natural Language Processing to extract information and gain insight into emails, calendars, and contacts. In this role, 70% of your time will be dedicated to performing SWE and MLOps tasks, and 30% to developing new models. Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, you will join a robust and growing team that is geographically distributed and extremely collaborative.
- You’ll be applying ML algorithms to solve real world problems.
- You’ll be working with on high impact datasets mission critical to the rest of the world from healthcare, operations, and infrastructure
- You’ll be working with frontend and backend engineers building an intelligence layer on top of email, calendars and contacts
- You’ll be able to use your models and solutions in real-time and see it in action on the front-end
- You’ll be independent enough to build and evaluate robust models
- You’ll be using the latest and greatest tools to build things the way you want with little to no legacy code to stand in your way
- You’ll be building out machine learning infrastructure for billions of datasets with trillions of connections
- Strong foundations in Statistics, Data Modeling, and Machine Learning
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 3+ years of experience on developing and deploying to production systems
- You’ve trained models and shipped them to production
- Experience with python, scala, golang or java
- Experience working with natural language processing packages
- Experience working with industry standard machine learning packages and tools
- Track record and references from great people
- Ability and confidence to pick up any technical concept to get the job done
- Comfortable in the dark and exploring ideas never done before
- Strong belief that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- Busy creating magic from your code
- A power user of the tools of your trade or building your own tools
- Never stop learning
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.