Excited by the opportunity to build relationships with some of the best up-and-coming founders and coolest new software tools in the tech space? We want to hear from you!
$100,000-110,000 OTE (uncapped commission) + equity
Who We Are
We power software that makes the world more productive! Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Scaleup, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell.
To learn more about our inclusive culture, our company values, and our Remote-First philosophy, check out our careers page! We have physical office space in Denver, San Francisco, and London, for people who prefer working in-person (though not mandatory).
Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably (2021 Best Sales Team Award + more) and Great Place to Work!
Nylas is looking for driven individuals to join our Growth sales team. Our Growth AEs focus on closing deals from companies in the 0-100 employee range, often working directly with founders and executives to alleviate their development headaches and speed up their production cycles.
Sales cycles on this team average <30 days (some deals less than a week), so you'll get to work in a high velocity environment while being exposed to software companies from a variety of industries.
What do you love about Nylas? What motivates you?
Katja: Being able to help smaller companies build out a core part of their product and work with them to achieve their company goals.
Wilson: I love that Nylas lets the product drive the business, and not the other way around. Our leaders are product people first and foremost, and it has ensured that we have the stickiest product possible - and one that is a ton of fun to show people the art of the possible for.
What is something a candidate should know?
Katja: Nylas as a company is very transparent and welcomes all suggestions and feedback when it comes to improving. This can be for product, process, or company improvements. Your opinions matter here.
Wilson: We move fast - but we work as a team to help everybody move fast together.
How do you like to manage your team?
Katja: With trust. I'm hands off and trust that you know how to work to achieve the results you want and if you are having a hard time figuring that out, I'm here to help!
Wilson: I manage with transparency - We can't reach our mutual goals if I am hiding things from you.
How do you view career growth/opportunity for this role?
Katja: Career growth is extremely important here. I want you to stay at Nylas and grow your career for as long as you want. Whether that's moving up the sales IC path, getting into management, or even moving to another department, I will be supportive in helping you achieve your career goals.
Wilson: Sky is the limit! With velocity comes opportunity. We are moving quickly, but we are growing quickly too. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire sales cycle
- Research and engage with inbound leads to build your sales pipeline
- Prospect and generate fresh outbound prospects to maintain a full sales pipeline
- Work with our existing customer base to upsell new products and services
- Understand our customers’ pain points and tailor your approach to their needs
- Perform product demos to prospective customers
- Create and deliver accurate sales forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with our Customer Success, Account Management, and Sales Engineering teams to optimize sales and customer satisfaction
What You’ll Bring
- Outbound sales and prospecting experience required
- 1-2 years of B2B SaaS Sales Experience (I.e. BDR/SDR work) OR 1-2 years of closing sales experience
- Desire to learn quickly in a small team environment
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota goals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
- 2021 Best Teams: Sales (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company for Career Growth (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company Leadership (Comparably)
- 2021 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
- 2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
- 2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.