Work Package Planner, Submarine Auxiliary/Mechanical
- Honolulu, HI
Req ID: 94895
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Work Package Planner, Submarine Auxiliary/Mechanical to join our team in Honolulu, Hawaii (US-HI), United States (US).
Provide engineering, technical and program management support to develop and maintain Submarine Auxiliary/Machinery Division Formal Work Package (FWP)/Controlled Work Packages (CWP) database for the Pacific Submarine Force. Those functions include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Incorporate and comply with regulations and other directives relating to the SUBSAFE, LEVEL ONE, FLY-BY-WIRE and the Deep Submergence Scope of Certification Programs to create unique hull-specific CWPs and FWPs for inclusion in a work package database to be used on Pacific Fleet submarines.
- Understand the unique requirements of nuclear powered submarine Quality Assurance programs and be able to research, develop and generate FWPs and CWPs associated with submarine ship's force operation and maintenance.
- Shall maintain and update the work package database.
- Research and identify all parts, materials and special tools required for the FWPs and CWPs that are in the work package database.
- Research submarine recertification testing requirements to include test durations and acceptable pass/fail criteria, Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) requirements, and generate the required OQE documents to be included in the work package database.
- Submit Technical Feedback Reports (TFBRs)/Liaison Action Requests (LARs) when required to correct or clarify technical document deficiencies while developing the FWPs and CWPs that are in the work package database.
- Develop quarterly updates of the work package database for the submarine fleet as follows:
- Conduct a review each quarter of all Database Work Package references.
- For any references that have changed, conduct detailed technical reviews of all affected database procedures, material, and QA Forms and make appropriate changes to the work packages.
- Create a List of Effective Change sheet that lists all changes to the database.
- Once all updates are complete, provide new DVD's for each submarine and distribute to each ship, squadron and COMSUBPAC.
- 6 years of experience in submarine maintenance, IMA, or submarine repair developing maintenance work packages.
- 6 years of experience with submarine modernization.
- 6 years of experience with the QA program and FMP management practices.
- 1+ years of experience with automated information systems including Electronic Departure from Specification (eDFS), ATIS, RMAIS, VSB, and Shipalt's/A&I's.
- 6 years of experience serving onboard a submarine.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Associates degree and 4+ additional years of experience in submarine maintenance, IMA, or submarine repair developing maintenance work packages in lieu of a Bachelor's
- 8+ additional years of experience in submarine maintenance, IMA, or submarine repair developing maintenance work packages in lieu of a degree
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Honolulu
Nearest Secondary Market: Hawaii
Job Segment: Consulting, Information Systems, Program Manager, Database, Quality Assurance, Technology, Management
Back to top