Technical Application Support Specialist (L3)
- Dallas, TX
Req ID: 107392
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Technical Application Support Specialist (L3) to join our team in Dallas, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a key point of contact for operations & development teams to resolve business critical issues.
- Develop deep understanding of proprietary financial applications.
- Actively participate in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) activities.
- Scripting repeat support tasks to reduce risk and bring efficiency
- Analyze and resolve application issues
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by Client Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
- Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
- 1 year of experience of application support experience (Production/ User)
- 3 years development experience with Java, or any other OO programming language (C++)
- 3 years development experience with Databases (DB2)
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information
- Exceptional system / technical analysis
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX/Linux Operating system: shells, file systems, symbolic links, process management, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven development/support experience in large-scale, enterprise-style financial services applications
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved user interface
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team environment
- Familiarity with industry best practices around user experience theories and methodologies
- Experience in the Financial Service Industry
- Development experience, with support mindset
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Technical Support, Consulting, Developer, Computer Science, Java, Technology
Back to top