Software Development Engineer
- Chevy Chase, MD
Req ID: 102061
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team in Silver Spring, Maryland (US-MD), United States (US).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for full life cycle development of software applications, creating technical documents, test cases and unit testing of the code
- Develop technical designs and specification for the software products
- Provide guidance to junior developers
- Work with all aspects of the SDLC group assisting with producing the highest quality, secure system possible
- Six (6) or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. (A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience)
- Six (6) or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
- Three (3) or more years of SDLC expreince
- Six (6) or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
- Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
- Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science.
- One or more years of experience in a supervisor role. Experience as a mentor. Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead.
- Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
US Citizenship with ability to obtain Public Trust clearance - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Consulting, GIS, Cloud, Information Systems, Technology
Back to top