Req ID: 115041
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Security Specialist to join our team in TORONTO, Ontario (CA-ON), Canada (CA).
- Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Providing first-line response and initial management of any new or developing cybersecurity-related issues
- Enhanced level triage and assessment of security events to determine the risk to the business.
- Utilizing "kill chain" methodologies, effectively determine risk prioritized response, investigate security events, and make clear recommendations on mitigation.
- Review and interpret alerts, events, and system alarms using SIEM, other tools, behavioral analytics, and network analysis while providing evolved emergency response services, incident management and analysis.
- Respond to service provider network attacks affecting critical network infrastructure and the cloud environments.
- Produce detailed incident reports and technical briefs on security incidents.
- Participate and contribute to post incidents reviews and documentation.
- Identify and report on threat intelligence from external & internal resources and use to apply risk-based assessments.
- Investigation of security events to determine root cause.
- Tracking and reporting of events and investigations.
- Contribute to security projects, meetings, and ad-hoc requests.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years + applied technical experience.
- Expertise in Kill Chain Methodology & Cyber Threat Intelligence Framework is an asset.
- Experience with forensic tools and methodologies is required
- Scripting (Powershell, Bash, Perl, Python) knowledge/experience a bonus.
- Experience with SPLUNK, Windows Defender tooling - for endpoint, for O365
- Direct experience with developing security metrics, KRIs and KPIs for leadership team.
- Strong knowledge of Clouds, Service provider/ Telecom infrastructure, virtual environments, web applications and APIs
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including routing and common ports/protocols.
- Proficiency with large data manipulation tools ie, Excel, DBs, Open Source, and Linux tool
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a key member of threat intel, incident response, malware analysis, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows system internals
- Self-motivated individual with a 'will do' attitude and a strong desire for continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to work in a stressful or crisis situation.
- Ability to drive things, work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate risk & findings to internal clients both verbally and in written form.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is good to have.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Consulting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology