Title - Junior Project Manager
Location - Albany, NY (will start off remote until Covid restrictions are lifted)
Duration - 4 years + possible extensions
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
Answers questions and provides information to leadership regarding office purchasing, staffing, expenses, facilities, and travel. Maintains financial records to monitor and control expenditures. Tracks, orders and audits supply inventory. Tracks and reports office wide administrative KPI metrics to the IES Operations team. Completes all on and off-boarding, and ITSM ticket tracking for the office. Initiates and prepares requests to fill vacancies. Arranges and assists in scheduling and conducting interviews. Manages office support activities. Assures that all equipment is properly installed and operating and arranges for vendor repairs and replacements. Manages central files, printing, inventory, mail, and other support operations. Performs staff services for executive staff and program managers. Prepares reports about program activities. Manages and delegates tasks related to several shared mailboxes. Composes, types, and distributes meeting notes, correspondence, and reports. Creates, modifies, edits and implements internal job aids and program process documents. Manages all program travel requests, approvals, reconciliations and manages program purchase orders for both state and consulting contracts.Aids in the tracking of key performance indicators related to the Advanced Planning Document (APD) to identify any needed updates to the APD. Researches Federal policy as it related to project reviews and approvals. Aids in the development of training materials related to Federal requirements. Aids IES Program staff to understand and abide by Federal policies.Helps with monthly budget updates, including keeping detailed records of spending actuals and development of monthly report for executives. Helps with resource tracking/budgeting. Prepares cost allocation estimates associated with any new purchases and any other duties as needed.
- Level I- More than one (1) but less than four (4) years' experience as a Project Manager
- Power user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook Calendaring, and Service Now
- Experience in budget and resource tracking, including use of time tracking systems.
- 2 years of experience working with adobe pro, excel, word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Oracle People Soft.
- 1 year of experience in training, writing office processes, and creating training material
- 1 year of experience with tracking, analyzing, summarizing, and reporting data
- Knowledge of federal requirements and familiarity with FNS and CMS handbooks.
- Experience with budget development, including analyzing trends/forecasting
- Experience with cost allocations and Federal reimbursement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without r egard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.