Lead Desktop and Infrastructure Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Req ID: 99961
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Lead Desktop and Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Chicago, Illinois (US-IL), United States (US).
Lead the infrastructure solution and architecture for information technology support services along with desktop support being offered by the team. The team is responsible scope for managed services includes Program Management Office, IT Policies, Systems Development and Engineering, Information Security and Systems Assurance, Document Operations, and IT Operations. The Lead Infrastructure and Desktop Engineer will be directly responsible for ensuring that the Infrastructure supports the client requirements and all client assets including desktops, tablets and mobile phones are properly supported.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Infrastructure support engineers and other support resources by providing them guidance and support to critical technical aspects
- Ensure that the infrastructure design of the client environment is without any gaps, fail-proof and future proof
- Ensure that the network and connectivity issues are clearly identified and fixed
- Develop enhanced production monitoring and additional capabilities
- Define and deliver improvements through increased system reliability and performance
- Ensure that the desktops, mobile devices, tablets and BYOD devices are updated with latest patches, ensuring security and latest features to be available
- Optimize Total Cost of Ownership of client landscape
- Manage project deliverables and support services such that all the SLA's are met for every measuring period
- Ensure contractual deliverables are provided and performance SLA's are achieved
- Identify and manage all dependencies, risks and issues that occur during the project life cycle
- 3+ years' experience managing technical infrastructure personnel
- 3+ years of desktop support experience
- 5+ years' experience managing client infrastructure and assets including desktops, tablets and mobile phone
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Relevant technical certifications such as Network+, Security+, CompTIA
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Consulting, Program Manager, Information Security, Technical Support, Technology, Management
Back to top