Infrastructure Engineer (Forensics)
- Round Rock, TX
Position: Forensics Infrastructure Engineering and Administration
Estimated Duration: 18 month contract
Location: Local to Austin, TX area. This is considered an essential position and will be onsite from day 1. Will accept individuals willing to move to the area for this role, but must start onsite from day 1.
This is an infrastructure engineering and administration role at its primary core. The experience or exposure to forensic operations is needed. Not seeking experience in being an analyst or be in transition to analyst type roles. Individuals will not be happy in this role if they want to transition to Analyst roles. We need someone to plan, build, run, administer, and advocate for our internal network and enterprise tools.
- Works on cybersecurity problems that may be diverse and highly complex, with particular emphasis on security operations.
- Selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective security solutions.
- Specializes in security operations in one or more areas, including network, host, database, application, event management, cloud, cryptography, identity, and other emerging technology.
- Participates in reviews of available tools, technologies, and processes to secure all aspects the enterprise.
- Maintains and optimizes tools, processes, documentation, reporting, and technologies, and defines success criteria for their effective usage.
- Deploys tools, processes, documentation, and technologies, and defines success criteria for their effective usage.
- Manager usually provides the problem and a high-level solution for more complicated problems
- Develops and maintains detailed documentation to support cybersecurity programs
- Works on cybersecurity problems that have medium complexity, with particular emphasis on security operations
- Selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective security solutions
- Maintains and optimizes tools, processes, documentation, reporting, and technologies, and defines success criteria for their effective usage
- Participates in reviews of available tools, technologies, and processes to secure all aspects the enterprise
- Acts as the bridge between technical and non-technical contributors in cybersecurity operations discussions
- Assist with the administration of the forensic network, servers, workstations, storage, and software solutions.
- Work with team in requesting and tracking network changes and their administration of certain hardware platforms
- Participate in designing, testing and deployment of new forensic or eDiscovery tools or solutions.
- Understand the technology to assist with investigations, from corporate legal, ethics, security, and IT teams.
- Understand the technology to assist with multiple investigation requests through the entire lifecycle of Initiation, Data Collection, Analysis, and Data Production.
- Resource to the Incident Response teams as an infrastructure SME.
- Assist with the design, implementation and maintenance of a forensic lab network infrastructure.
- Work with vendors for problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Standardize process and procedures and provide continual improvement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Degree in IT or 5+ years of IT experience in a corporate environment.
- Understands advanced concepts of investigations, evidence handling and computer forensics.
- Experience with or understanding of one or more major computer forensic products (EnCase Enterprise, FTK, etc.).
- Experience with SQL based database platforms.
- Experience with storage environments a must. Isilon storage array experience strong like to have.
- Knowledge of how-to build and deploy Windows images.
- Knowledge of VMWare virtualized infrastructure, management, and deployment
- Knowledge of Dell desktop hardware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and SCCM.
- Solid understand of Windows Events and event correlation.
- Advanced scripting skills (Powershell) to create and support ad-hoc tools.
- Thorough knowledge of networking technologies and configuration (routers, firewalls - Palo Alto/SonicWall, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
Required Soft Skills:
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must work well independently and with others as part of larger team and be able to collaborate on cross functional teams.
Desired Technical Skills:
- 5+ Years Information Security.
- Experience working knowledge of system events and associated logs.
- Experience working with MS Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix.
- Familiar with incident management procedures.
- Familiar with Data Privacy laws and the associated security requirements.
- CISSP or similar Security certifications
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Back to top