Global IT Category Leader (Procurement) for Network and Security Management
- Plano, TX
At NTT Global Sourcing, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT Global Sourcing and for the people who work here.
NTT Global Sourcing currently seeks a Procurement Director /Global IT Category Leader for Security & Network Management to join our team.
IT Category Director for Network and Security
Management level definitions
Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities between various NTT Operating Companies for all matters related to global sourcing and Network & Security management. Fully accountable for the success of IT Network & Security function within the NTT Global Sourcing organization. Influence strategy and set policy and direction as it pertains to IT Network & Security management across NTT. Own a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities directly related to the role. Assume responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans and savings objectives related to Network & Security management of IT and related services across NTT Operating Companies, NTT accounts and delivery organizations globally.
The primary responsibility of the NTT Global Sourcing IT Category Director is to work with NTT Operating Company leadership teams to develop, implement and manage the IT Network & Security and Sourcing strategy across NTT globally. The primary responsibility is to develop and implement the over-arching strategy across NTT's multi-billion annual spend in Network & Security and related services to ensure alignment with the overall NTT Global Sourcing objectives, as well as broader NTT corporate goals.
Responsible for all elements of the strategy, which include reduce cost, improve operational performance, mitigate risk and improve the overall financial performance of NTT through its acquisition and management of IT assets. Further, it is the NTT Global Sourcing Director's responsibility to manage the strategy on an on-going basis, ensuring it is communicated and adhered-to across all regions and Operating Companies - which includes assembling and leading cross-functional teams to drive the IT Network & Security Sourcing strategy. She/he will partner with leadership in the Operating Companies, Accounts, Delivery, Alliances and Global Procurement (GP) on a number of IT cost savings and performance improvement initiatives. She/he will be a hands-on leader, working alongside other Procurement leaders and teams, as well as leadership across the NTT Operating Companies to analyze spend, assess current and changing market forces across the IT industry, and assess current commercial arrangements across NTT to identify/drive improvement opportunities for the business.
The NTT Global Sourcing Director is responsible to develop working relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure IT requirements are defined and demand is accurately reflected. Also, she/he will team with NTT Operating Companies to drive improved operational performance - such as Network & Security supply/demand planning, cycle times, forecasting, maintenance practices and contractual compliance.
Basic Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressively challenging roles in Network & Security management, strategic sourcing and/or category management with the majority of experience within the broad Information Technology space.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at the equivalent of Director-level in an IT Network & Security, strategic sourcing and/or procurement leadership role within a Fortune 500 environment.
- Must have 5 years of hands-on experience managing at least $500 million of IT Network & Security spend and delivery on a global basis and be able to demonstrate a track record of effectively driving cost savings and performance improvement while in such a role.
- Must have 5 years of experience as a hands-on leader able to drive a number of major, complex IT Network & Security and/or cost reduction projects while simultaneously providing leadership to direct reports who are likewise driving critically important hardware projects in the IT category.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of IT vendor sales and pricing models, as well as support and maintenance services - as practiced by the major IT vendors across the globe. Minimum 10 years of experience with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage commercial and strategic relationships on a global basis with Tier-I IT suppliers, including proven ability to engage strategically at the VP and C-level with key suppliers.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with in-depth knowledge and experience managing (Network & Security, sourcing and/or procurement) at least four of the following sub-categories of hardware - which includes product acquisition, maintenance and life cycle management:
- Network switches (core and edge)
- Firewalls and related data security equipment
- Data Centers
- Load balancers
- Hardware/Infrastructure as a Service
- Desktop/lap top
- Maintenance services
- Help desk
- Minimum 10 years of experience in defining and driving key aspects of Network & Security operational excellence in a global, multi-BU environment - including demand planning, forecasting, maintenance optimization, performance measurement and optimization.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent technical discipline. An advanced degree in one of these disciplines and/or an MBA is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to assess historical spend and asset usage data from multiple disparate sources, analyze the data and layout coherent, data-driven roadmaps to achieve cost reductions and/or operational improvements.
- Able to analyze the current state of practices within NTT Global Sourcing and NTT Operating Companies across all IT sub-categories of spend involving multiple IT vendors and collaborate with stakeholders to forge comprehensive Network & Security strategies that increase leverage and drive commercial improvements with IT vendors.
- Across the major IT sub-categories, must be able to assess 'best practices' and 'pricing benchmarks' in the industry and compare these across Operating Companies, accounts, BUs and regions. Develop gap analysis relative to these practices/benchmarks to help identify savings and improvement opportunities. Develop strategies that create leverage to close gaps while delivering improved economics and/or operational performance to NTT.
- Able to document IT technical requirements and service level requirements where none exist and obtain alignment from stakeholders around these key parameters.
- Able to analyze current IT Agreements and assess alignment with end-customer Agreements. Where misalignments exist, develop and implement strategies that improve alignment. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to garner support for such improvement initiatives.
- Must be skilled in ability to work across multiple accounts and delivery organizations globally to build aggregated demand forecasts for common hardware components, and incorporate aggregated demand into negotiation strategies to increase buying power. Demonstrated ability to manage an effective on-going demand management process, and work closely with colleagues in Sales and Operations (S&OP) planning to ensure ever-changing hardware demand requirements are properly reflected and managed.
- Across all NTT IT Network & Security and delivery, must have ability to analyze the various asset acquisition practices and identify opportunities to reduce cost and/or risk by improving these practices where such opportunities exist. Further, partner with account leadership and regional delivery leads to drive such cost reduction initiatives into the accounts.
- Must have strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Leadership within NTT and be able influence Leadership on key strategic initiatives that involve challenging 'Change Management' elements.
- Highly skilled in financial analysis, and able to communicated effectively with Finance organizations. This includes investment ROI analysis, lease vs. buy modeling, capital planning and justification, asset valuation analysis, make vs. buy modeling and 'should cost' analysis.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to foster enthusiasm and drive to succeed from team members, and lead by example.
- Manages organization-wide plans that impact multiple business units and functions globally.
- Regularly interacts with Managers, VPs and SVPs internally and externally.
- Works across multiple businesses and/or regions to meet business needs in a cost-effective and expedient manner.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT Global Sourcing. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT Global Sourcing
NTT Global Sourcing specializes in strategic sourcing, will bring together the procurement volume of each NTT Group company and engage in centralized price negotiations. NTT Global Sourcing will execute comprehensive agreements with global vendors, etc. for hardware, software, and services purchased in common by each Group company. Each Group company will individually procure products and services from each global vendor, etc. based on the comprehensive agreements executed by the procurement company.
Through such activities, NTT Global Sourcing will work to improve the presence of the NTT Group in the global market, formalize our strategic partnerships and creating innovative services to clients.
NTT Global Sourcing, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100.
Req ID: 108400
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Management
Back to top