Deskside Support Techincian
- Bedford, MA
Req ID: 38881
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Deskside Support Techincian to join our team in Lexington, Massachusetts (US-MA), United States (US).
The NTT Data Desktop Support Specialist, currently located in Lexington, MA, is responsible for providing exceptional field service support to our client. This includes having solid written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to document IT problems thoroughly with close attention to detail. This individual will have experience troubleshooting IT issues in Windows 7, Windows 10 and Apple OSX environments. Additional responsibilities include adding and removing user accounts, managing shared resources (file systems, local and networked printers), adding workstations to networks and mounting remote file systems (map shared drives). This individual should have experience with troubleshooting and configuring iOS devices and be able to provide Microsoft Exchange support (troubleshooting and administration) for end users. The ability to lift/move/set-up/break-down computer equipment is also required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Provide desktop and laptop support for Windows & Mac systems
• Provide technical support and training to personal computer and network users
• Assist users in solving IT problems using available hardware and software tools
• Support, install, and maintain personal computers, local area networks, operating systems, software, and related IT peripherals
• Install and support hardware and software components for user groups, perform preventive maintenance, and test equipment
• Evaluate system configuration and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources
• Engage with users to determine their potential future business requirements and create ways to streamline making these requirements a reality
• Provide positive customer experiences when working with users
• Use "Footprints" ticketing system daily to triage tickets, escalations, issues, etc.
• Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OSX, Active Directory, iOS, Microsoft Office
• Experience troubleshooting, installing, and upgrading in a Windows 7 and Windows 10 enterprise environment (Experience troubleshooting in a Mac OSX environment a plus)
• Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and administrating Microsoft Exchange for Desktop and Mobile Devices (iOS)
• New system deployment (including setup, imaging, software installation, and data migration)
• Resolution of hardware driver conflicts, user profile corruption, and operating system errors (Mac OSX and Windows 7 & 10)
• McAfee, SCCM, and encryption troubleshooting
• Local and networked printer configurations
• PKI certificate support
• Software installations
• Conference and meeting support. Troubleshooting systems or client-approved meeting software issues
• Remote access support
• Mobile device configuration and deployment (iOS)
• Assist with Knowledge Base Article management to include initial proof reading and feedback of new articles, revision requests of existing article deficiencies, and accountability of article content comprehension
• Backup support for customer service representatives at the customer service window to include password resets, secure token password resets, and device distribution
• Auditing and configuration of client-maintained classified systems
• Process security requests involving malicious software and vulnerability investigations
• Other IT Service-desk related tasks as deemed necessary by the client within the defined scope of the contract
• Associate's Degree, or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
• Working knowledge of basic hardware and software products and diagnostic/problem solving skills
• 2 to 4 years of work experience in computer systems or IT support
Ability to Obtain a Secret Clearance Required
• A+ Certification
• ITIL Foundation
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Technical Support, Consulting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Cloud, Technology
Back to top