Req ID: 250880
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Designer - Visual Data Products (Tableau Focus) to join our team in Washington (100% REMOTE), District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US). 100% REMOTE
This role will perform data designer and visual data product functions as an integral staff member in the humanitarian assistance data space.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with business units to articulate analytic questions.
- Look at internal or external data and use it to answer business questions, then communicate those answers to other teams in the organization to be acted upon.
- Access data, clean it, perform some statistical analysis to answer the relevant business questions, and then visualize and communicate the results.
- Engage with clients across the Agency and Department to understand requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Telling stories with data.
- Create and maintain a best-in-class user interface to allow for the intuitive navigation of data products.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g,. usability, find ability).
- Build the capacity of team members on UX and design theory and practice to ensure all products reflect best practice.
- Engage end users to document feedback on data product user experience.
- Create personas and user stories through user research and data collection.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Secret security clearance required.
- 8 years of experience with data products.
- 3 years of tableau experience, to include, experience developing, maintaining and managing common BI platform driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of common BI platform administration/architecture.
- Excellent attention to detail highly preferred .
- Experience with Google Sheets (filter, sort, basic formulas).
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Competency in spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture .
- Strong portfolio of data visualization projects .
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The starting pay range for this remote role is [Min: $77,900 - Max: $180,100]. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution, flexible spending or health savings account, life and AD&D insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally-required benefits.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients' long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: User Experience, Database, DBA, Application Developer, Computer Science, Technology