Req ID: 111759
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a COBOL Developer - Life Insurance & Annuities to join our team in Dallas, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).
COBOL Developer - Life Insurance & Annuities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build thorough understanding of client's Life and Annuity business, Integration and process needs.
- Participate in requirement gathering and design discussions with client.
- Understand the Business Requirements and provide estimates for in-scope work.
- Work with project management team on project schedule.
- Act as Life and Annuity SME in development team. Creation of Technical Specifications based on Business specifications.
- Create a flexible technical design that is scalable and reusable.
- Work closely with Client, Business Analyst and other IT departments while providing technical solution.
- Work with peer developer, guide them for queries and review the Unit Test results.
- Assist in production incidents. Promote teamwork and culture of accountability.
- Coordinate with onshore and offshore resources and guide team members as required.
- Work with QA team for Regression testing defects and support user acceptance testing.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- 8+ Years of experience in programming and debugging using COBOL, JCL, VSAM and CICS technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in Life Insurance and Annuity domain, including UL, IUL, EIUL, SPIA, EIA, and Variables
- Recent experience (within 2-3 years) with funded life and indexed annuity products
- Experience writing technical specifications working from formal business requirement documents
- Experience devising unit test plans for modifications.
- LOMA Certification is preferred
- Experience with indexed annuity products that have multiple buckets for funds and strategies for investments.
- Experience in Year End Tax reporting for both Life and Annuity products.
- Experience in creation of Annual statements and Projections.
- Experience in projects and Modifications involving Life and Annuity Product launch.
- Conversion experience from one admin platform to another is desirable.
Location & Travel:
- Remote position anywhere within the United States.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Developer, Mainframe, Consulting, Change Management, Cloud, Technology, Management