Application and Database Specialist
- Washington, DC
Req ID: 43643
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Application and Database Specialist to join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
- 7-10+ years of experience working with SQL Server Databases, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products
- 7-10+ years Utilizing one or in combination with the following Microsoft Azure tools: System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM), Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- 7-10+Supports Windows and Linux based environments for GOT, COTS, custom and mobile applications across development, testing and production for, physical, hybrid and cloud based solutions.
- Assures Service level, Application, database and network performance troubleshooting and restoration of application and database service levels.
- Supports Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products.
- Responses to Service Event and Alert Management of application and databases.
- Maintains and collects Environment performance metrics analysis and reporting.
- Uses Dashboard Monitor and analysis of application and database log analytics and telemetry.
- Monitors database and application resource usage, and performance monitoring to avoid service disruption.
- Leads incident and problem monitoring, response and reporting via Remedy.
- Leads database and application environment engineering, hosting design, configuration.
- Performs change Log tracking and administration.
- Provides Tier II Help Desk support for service restoration.
- Provides Tier III vendor coordination for service restoration.
- Originates and maintains required technical documentation.
- Supports continuous deployment with DevOPS tools, planning and agile processes and thinking.
- Support ISO 20000 and ITIL processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience working with SQL Server Databases, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products
- Working technical knowledge database design, administration and development.
- Experience with backup and recovery and performing both minor (e.g. patch) upgrades and major database software upgrades
- Experience with managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Extensive database and operating systems experience with MS SQL Server 2008 and later
- Experience working with Sharepoint database back-end
- Basic Powershell scripting skills
- Understanding of platforms such as Windows and Internet Information Server
- Understanding of Business intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies.
- Understanding of database security
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Oracle, Consulting, Computer Science, Technology
Back to top