Social Media Strategist (Production Assistant)
Want to work at one of the world’s leading music journalism organizations? Come join us at NPR Music, where our work reaches millions of viewers, listeners and readers every week. From our stories on national news programs to our popular Tiny Desk video series, NPR Music delivers our international audience an unmatched array of news, video, podcasts and music recommendations on a variety of platforms, including the radio, the web, social and streaming services. NPR Music and our partner public radio stations are. devoted to covering a dynamic breadth of genres that together represent the American and global music landscape.
NPR Music is looking for a creative social media strategist to steer our social conversations no matter where they occur. More than half of NPR.org’s traffic comes from social platforms, and the number only continues to grow. The successful candidate will cultivate communities on NPR Music’s variety of social platforms — from our devoted Facebook followers to the millions who watch us on YouTube — and develop our strategy for the growth and engagement of this loyal, enthusiastic group of fans. The successful candidate will help grow the social presence of our flagship content, like the Tiny Desk series and the All Songs Considered podcast, as well as envision digital video content for the social sphere. NPR is committed to meet our audience wherever they are, and the NPR Music Social Media Strategist is a vital part of that mission.
Essential Duties Include
- Work with the NPR Music team to steer and develop our social strategy
- Develop and share social best practices with the NPR Music team
- Collaborate with analysts and product managers in tracking key social metrics
- Work with the NPR news social media team on cross-departmental projects, including digital video
- At least two years experience managing social media channels for a major news/media brand and demonstrated ability to participate in, contribute to and grow online communities.
- Bachelor’s degree or a writing-intensive discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passionate about music, with knowledge of multiple genres
- Familiarity with social video and digital video editing production
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to craft a comprehensive, cross-platform social strategy
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts
- Ability to document internal processes and analyze audience data
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with others
- Graphic design experience
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. Include a cover letter, resume and five samples of your work that demonstrate why you’re the right person for this position.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top