Product Manager, NPR Digital Services
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
Join our Digital Services team located in Boston's Innovation District, and work with our member stations nationwide to develop digital strategies and capabilities that will grow audiences in local markets. We are looking for individuals who have innovative ideas and rock-solid skills, who thrive in a fast-paced, startup like environment and who believe in what we do.
As a Product Manager you will help NPR Digital Services (DS) ship the right products and features to NPR’s member station community. You’ll be a strong advocate for customer needs who is also focused on achieving DS goals, and will help inform a product roadmap that reflects this perspective. This is an opportunity to collaborate with developers, UX/design specialists, member stations, product managers, and other NPR teams to define requirements and guide the development of features and enhancements that best serve member stations and NPR.
Essential Duties Include:
- Manage sprint prioritization and tradeoff decisions for a team of dedicated engineers.
- Participate in sprint planning, grooming, retros, and daily stand-ups.
- Create user stories, user story maps, and requirements for product initiatives.
- Manage product backlog, prioritize work based on feedback and data analysis.
- Measure and report the impact of product initiatives to peers and management.
- Foster a continued dialogue with customers to understand their needs and wants.
- Leverage user data, competitive and market analysis to help evolve our products.
- Participate in frequent stakeholder reviews, presentations and discussions.
- Demo your team’s work for internal/external stakeholders as subject matter expert.
- Support the Station Relations team in their customer training and support efforts.
- Work with marketing manager to create compelling narratives around products/features.
- This role works under the direct supervision of the Director of Product at DS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years in progressive positions of employment with technology or media companies that demonstrate the ability to fulfill the requirements of this role.
- A strong understanding of product management principles, requirements gathering, and agile product development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, behaviors, and data, and transform that knowledge into relevant deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research and analysis into coherent and concise documentation and/or recommendations.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Experience working directly with software engineers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Results driven and goal-oriented.
- Product manager/product owner experience
- Experience with CMS, APIs, or Analytics Platforms
- Love of public media or public service
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are located in Boston’s Innovation district in South Boston. We are a 10-minute walk to South Station and within 15 minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture around the Fort Point Channel and Seaport District.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top