National Spot Sales Sponsorship Sales Coordinator
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR and PBS. As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR and PBS stations and digital assets, National Public Media offers the best public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition®, and integrated presence on NPR.org and PBS.org and custom packages and event activation from PBS Digital Studios and NPR Music. We work with companies across categories with a range of objectives — from financial services to home improvement, national branding to regional retail — to create sponsorships that perform. Learn more at http://nationalpublicmedia.com/
National Public Media is seeking a highly motivated and organized Sales Coordinator to join its Los Angeles Sales Department. The coordinator will assist account managers with proposals, orders, sales prospecting, administration, and ad hoc projects as assigned. This position will offer the individual an opportunity to experience working in a high volume environment, and exposure into sales and advertising opportunities.
The Sponsorship Sales Coordinator will support the Spot Sales Sponsorship team comprised of National Spot Sponsorship Sales Executives based in Los Angeles. This individual will report to the Senior Vice President of National Spot Radio Sponsorship Sales (based in Los Angeles)
Essential Duties Include
- Work with the National Spot Radio and TV Sponsorship team to process radio, television and digital sponsorship schedules.
- Process internal and external paperwork and ensure that digital verification associated with sales transactions is accurate.
- Ensure that client media schedules are executed as ordered.
- Coordinate proposal and sponsorship order details with clients and agencies.
- Liaise with radio and television member stations in communicating any and all aspects of sponsorships and the verification of schedules.
- Work with the NPM Marketing team to create sponsorship collateral materials.
- Work with station marketing and research teams to provide accurate programming details, station clearance and audience information.
- Research and develop materials to assist the team in client prospecting efforts.
- Assist in the trafficking of sponsorship credit/message materials.
- Liaise with NPM billing team in all matters regarding radio and television Sponsorships.
- Liaise with NPM Digital Operations division in all matters regarding digital sponsorships.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum two years of media-related experience.
- Experience in processing media schedules
- Familiarity in media and advertising competitive research
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com
- Familiarity in media order systems such DDS and STRATA.
- Experience in order input and data entry
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for public media.
- Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and capable of prioritizing projects
- Extremely detail oriented
- Inquisitive, willing to learn, and highly motivated
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to handle high pressure environments (high volume, tight deadlines)
- High integrity and unquestionable ethics
- Team player; diplomatic, and with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of and enthusiasm for public media
Interested candidates should include a cover letter, and a resume.
Back to top