A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
This is a hands-on staff position that provides project management, organizational, administrative and leadership within the marketing and branding department at NPR. The successful candidate will have experience working for a communications or marketing department, and a basic understanding of, interest in and appreciation for media and marketing practices. S/he will partner with all marketing and branding staff in the successful planning and execution of marketing and communications deliverables. The candidate will assist the drafting of creative briefs, work with key project stakeholders, communicate with member station personnel and vendors, and will work extensively to manage the timelines and specific deliverables for a number of varied projects. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Branding.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills; enthusiasm for a collaborative workplace; and, above all, a willingness to learn. S/he must also be proactive and able to see tasks through to completion; have the ability to juggle multiple, often high-pressure deadlines; and possess an interest in marketing, advertising and communications.
Essential Duties Include
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Development of creative briefs: working with internal clients to assess needs, and in doing so, creating key trust-based relationships
- Serving as liaison with internal clients for development/production of marketing, communications and branding materials
- Scheduling, tracking and prioritizing all department projects across all media (print, interactive/online, audio-visual, environmental)
- Ensuring timely project completion and approvals from stakeholders
- Reviewing and editing project deliverables, approving and trafficking production proofs, prototypes, etc.
- Assisting with layout and production of recurring print documents (flyers, announcements, invitations, etc.) as applicable
- Tracking project success using industry-standard measurement tools, consulting closely with the internal research department
- Team lead and manager of NPRPresents.com event management website, duties include direct communication with event team and attendees and management of all information on the site.
- Oversight of promotional materials and detail management of freelance designer daily workload
- Lead project management of the NPR Shop’s email marketing campaign management
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics (email, display ads, websites, apps)
- 3-5 years of work experience in a project management capacity. Impeccable customer service ability/experience
- Basic understanding of core marketing principles
- Base understanding and knowledge of design, printing and merchandise processes
- Excellent knowledge of office software: Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Solid understanding of Adobe creative products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team of diverse individuals
- Experience in or with a media organization and/or public media is highly desired
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top