National Public Media (NPM) is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs, NPR stations, PBS stations, and the digital assets of NPR and PBS and the PodWave network, NPM works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors. Learn more at http://nationalpublicmedia.com/
The Marketing team provides oversight, strategy and support to NPM’s sponsorship sales teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment. Led by the Director of Marketing, the team collaborates with NPM management, sales representatives across the country and partner publishers to achieve ambitious revenue goals.
NPM is looking for a Marketing Associate to support a full suite of integrated marketing activity and collateral, including but not limited to: a daily flow of sales presentations and proposals, material management of the NPM website, email marketing, event activation, and overall brand management for both NPR and PBS. The Marketing Associate will be part of a collaborative team, working with NPM employees across the country to meet daily deadlines, while supporting the Marketing team’s ongoing goals and long-term projects.
This position reports to NPM’s Manager, Marketing & Communications.
Essential Duties Include
- Develop RFP responses and sales tools in response to sales team requests.
- Manage research and data updates for sponsorship materials for both NPR and PBS sponsorship opportunities.
- Pull and analyze audience research via comScore, MRI, and Ipsos for a variety of NPR and PBS programs and platforms to help illustrate the qualities of the public media audience to Fortune 500 companies and other potential sponsors.
- Assist in the department’s ongoing management of the National Public Media website, designed to serve as a robust resource for the sales team and tool for raising the overall visibility of sponsorship opportunities within the industry.
- In close collaboration with Manager, Marketing & Communications execute department’s email marketing efforts with a primary focus on weekly internal staff newsletter, identifying opportunities for email communication, drafting email communications, tracking ROI, and benchmarking performance against industry standards.
- Serve as main point of contact for department’s email marketing product, Emma and serve as lead coordinator on company transition to Pardot on the SalesForce platform.
- Activate department’s external outreach strategy designed to promote NPR and PBS sponsorship offerings through industry events, awards submissions, original content, and other tactics.
- Actively participate in the conception and development of requests for large-scale sponsorship opportunities across NPR and PBS platforms.
- Support the planning and execution of client entertainment and sponsored events.
- Positive attitude and willingness to jump in when and where needed.
- Experience with email marketing, both developing engaging content and tracking analytics to improve performance and engagement.
- A collaborative spirit.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail-oriented. Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate issues appropriately.
- Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs.
- Curiosity. A desire to engage in brainstorms, beta-test ideas, and learn new things.
- A solution-oriented mindset.
- Proficiency with MRI, Google Analytics and ComScore research databases.
- Experience with creative agencies or media planning.
- Exhibit both creativity and strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Trello project management tool.
- Experience with WordPress or other online website platforms.
Back to top