Contract Audio Producer - Sponsorships
About the Company
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR and PBS. As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR and PBS stations and digital assets, National Public Media offers the best public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition®, and integrated presence on NPR.org and PBS.org and custom packages and event activation from PBS Digital Studios and NPR Music. We work with companies across categories with a range of objectives — from financial services to home improvement, national branding to regional retail — to create sponsorships that perform. Learn more at http://nationalpublicmedia.com/
The Contract Audio Producer will create and voice custom audio creative for NPR sponsors that will be featured in the sponsorship messaging in NPR podcasts, on the NPR Player and in NPR One. The successful candidate will be a creative, collaborative producer and interviewer who can successfully work with corporate sponsors to generate content that creates brand value while respecting NPR’s sponsorship storytelling aesthetic and guidelines. We are looking for someone that can bring fresh ideas to the world of audio sponsorship that will excite brands and engage with the audience.
The Producer will provide creative direction to sponsors in collaboration with the sponsor’s advertising agencies. They will travel to the sponsor’s locations to record audio to be used in this custom creative and will be required to respond to feedback quickly and constructively.
Essential Duties Include
- Produces audio creative for NPR sponsors
- Research sponsor creative concepts and brand objectives
- Creates initial concepts for sponsor audio
- Leads pre-production conversation with sponsor and agency
- Prepares pre-interviews, outlines and scripts
- Records audio on location at sponsor facilities
- Serves as host/interviewer in the audio creative
- Edits audio into format suitable for NPR sponsorship
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least two years of radio production experience on broadcast digital audio workstations (i.e. MTE/DAVID, Dalet, ProTools or similar)
- At least two years of experience conducting interviews and voicing creative
- At least two years of experience working with daily deadlines
- At least two years of copywriting experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and organize large amounts of information
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others
- Experience working in and filing from the field
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in advertising
- Strong sense of shaping big ideas and narrative arcs under daily deadline pressure
- Experience with producing multi-track sonic sequences and editing long-form and short-form interview feature segments.
- Experience producing in and operating digital audio self-op facilities.
- Understanding of FTC guidelines
Meet Some of NPR's Employees
Editor, Digital News
NPR’s Morning Edition and All Things Considered are just too good to only live on the airwaves. Tanya turns the content from these award-winning radio programs into multimedia for NPR’s site, and adds new content too.
Back to top