US P2P VM Tax Reporting Business Partner
- East Hanover, NJ
As the US P2P Vendor Management Tax Reporting Business Partner, you will chiefly support US P2P Vendor Master operations (80%) and provide liaison support for/to IDT (20%).
You will support Vendor Master Teams operationally (KPI and customer experience) and process improvement initiatives and data cleanup efforts, activities surrounding acquisitions/mergers (act as TCM Liaison as needed), audits, escalations, ad hoc critical requests and reporting; ultimately safeguard the US VM and IDT teams and customers.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
P2P Team Support:
• Act as a technical and operational Subject Matter Expert (SME) for P2P Vendor Master policy, processes, and systems and coordinate and support GSO, Legal, IDT, Tax, TCM, FC&C, TPRM, Procurement M&A, Sunshine Reporting and FRA Ops.
• TIN matching with IRS and subsequent guidance to VM team around W8/W9s, 1099s and 1042s etc.
• Provide P2P support in coordinating VM workflows around integrations and divestitures, coalitions and other specialized workflows.
• Sunshine Reporting and Aggregate Spend as it pertains to P2P
• Vendor Master support/liaison as needed for P2P/IDT/IT for Vertex
• Safeguard US customer experience through escalation management and knowledge sharing
• Synthesize and Implement an Accelerated Vendor Setup process for critical IPR and M&A related items
• Support Compliance and documentation for US Local Supplemental Information (LSI), step outs, and/or other Work Instructions (WI) highlighting US nuances within P2P.
• Proactively challenge the status quo, take calculated risks, and make fact-based recommendations in process improvement and system questions. Including but not limited to:
• Root cause analysis and systemic improvements.
• Build new and innovative solutions (Main/Remit Projects for Clinical/Research/Universities/Hotels etc.)
• Analyze and lead Vendor Master Data cleanup efforts (ex: Sandoz, HCP, NCC Cleanup Global Master Service Agreements where in W9's are not captured, etc.)
• Ad Hoc Projects (ex: Direct Deposit, specialized vendor reports)
• Management of Annual/Quarterly reporting (Boycott Countries Report, CIA Agreement/Corporate responsibility)
• Novartis Credit Reference Management
IDT Team Support:
• Investigate/Research IRS tax notices and correspondence
• (Jan-March) Support Indirect Tax in 1099 and 1042 year-end support. (October November) Load Vendor Name and Tax ID data into TR OneSource Tax Reporting application for TR employees to perform TIN match per contract requirements.
• Receive TIN Mismatches and coordinate with LDS Vendor Master team for corrections in SAP system
• Support any internal/state/etc audits in regards to IDT.
• Research and Resolve 1099 /1042 inquires
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/Economics
• 6+ years of experience in relevant tax, finance and/or accounting roles; shared service center experience an asset.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
• Analytical approach and ability to understand situations, interdependencies and challenges in a holistic way
• Demonstrated ability to work optimal in a multi-national and complex matrix organization
• Excellent communication skills, able to engage and influence beyond FRA community and to drive stakeholder management in a changing environment as well as operational perfection
• Willingness to travel up to 25% to East Hanover required if working remotely
• Additional Project Management Training
• Lean/Six Sigma desirable
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top