Travel and Expense Associate - Japanese Speaker
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
18 ! The number of countries supported by FRA Operations Team that delivers financial reporting and accounting services, financial compliance and process expertise in the areas of Record to Report, Request to Pay, Travel and Expense and Treasury Cash Management. As part of the Novartis FRA Operations team, this is a new role waiting for you to make change happen.
• To support transition and is responsible for successful knowledge transfer within the agreed timeline, knowledge retention within T&E scope and monitor critical deliverables, provide timely assistance and customer-oriented support for incoming queries and issues related to T&E processes and systems as a role of SME
• Actively initiate, participate and support in project/ continuous improvement of T&E processes in quality and to sustain a highly effective and efficient process, and areas of standardization to optimize cost effectiveness
• Process and review Expense Reports in line with Novartis Expense Policy and flags any incompliance, act as SME for Novartis Expense Policy for internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure claims are good to pay and on timely manner
• Attend and resolve employee inquiries on T&E & Corporate Card within the SLA including system interface troubleshooting (if required)
• General and Customer service including delegations, reminders, investigation on specific cases and reporting analysis. Actively follow up to close and resolve aged open claims with propose solution (if required)
What you'll bring to the role:
• Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
• Professional certification will be an added advantages.
• Candidates must possess at least 1 - 3 years of financial experience. Prior experience in Travel & Expense / Accounts Payable
• Experience in eTravel / Concur knowledge and Project Management exposure is advantageous
• Proficient in Japanese Language and English as this role will require constant communication and dealings with our business partners and counterparts in the region
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Kuala Lumpur:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Kuala Lumpur delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Kuala Lumpur is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
What makes NGSC special?
Attractive office location, flexible time management, strong work/life balance, flexible working hours, truly multinational and dynamic organization, multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top