Third Party Labor Rights Manager
- Prague, Czech Republic
Third Party Labor Rights Manager, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
Purpose of the position is to establish and maintain effective measures to monitor and ensure that the global process is fully and consistently implemented across the regions and within the countries. Lead operations and continuous improvement reviews to define and implement actions and projects to continuously enhance the process effectiveness and efficiency.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support across clusters supports responsibilities of TPRM risk management activities for Third Party Labor Rights & Human Rights, over time may take over a cluster and such responsibility by its own
• Assesses the outcomes once the third party has completed the third party LR questionnaire, reviews the responses and assesses whether the third party can be engaged, maintained or whether a more extensive due diligence is required with support from a Risk Function Specialist
• Involves appropriate experts (e.g. from Legal, Health Safety Environment, Ethics Risk& Compliance and Human Rights) to perform suitable due diligence in cases where the outcome of the more extensive due diligence still leaves open important questions
• Prepares reporting outlining the outcomes of risk assessment activities identifying any risk indicators and the recommended action resulting from the gaps identified and works closely with the third party and local business stakeholders and facilitates discussions between these functions when / where required. Understands the cause of overdue actions and escalates to appropriate people to help resolve issues
• Supports, as necessary, third parties during development of appropriate action plans
• Revises, verifies and confirms the adequacy of remediation actions carried out by third parties. Performs direct and indirect monitoring activities defined by the TPRM program
• Records outcomes in the TPRM technology and maintains documents collected as part of the due diligence process (e.g. questionnaire, reports, evidence of any additional inquiry, internet search etc.)
• Prepares and lead for oversees third party audits, assessing whether third parties are acting in compliance with Novartis' LR requirements and international/local labor laws
What you'll bring to the role:
• University Degree equivalent with minimum of 5-10 years of practice
• Excellent English (essential) other languages desirable
• Detailed knowledge of Third Party Labor Rights issues globally. Pharmaceutical or chemical industry experience preferred
• Experience of 'ethical trade', human rights, sustainability etc. for a large buying organization or audit organization
• Specific experience with following-up and closing CAPAs and sufficient seniority to pull through closure of issues
• Good levels of organization and initiative, thorough and careful as well as ability to work independently with minimal direction and support
• Commits to goals and delivers on them and takes over accountability
• Good written and spoken communication and argumentation/negotiation skills to liaise with suppliers and potentially difficult internal management discussions
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top