Therapeutic Area Head – Ophthalmology (m/f/d)
- Vienna, Austria
Therapeutic Area Head - Ophthalmology (m/f/d), Novartis Pharma, Vienna, Austria
33,000! This is the number of patients in Austria who suffer from a retinal disease which will can lead to blindness if left untreated. As Therapeutic Area Head - Ophthalmology, you will play a vital part in providing patients in Austria with high-quality medicine and contribute towards our overall goal of extending and improving people's lives. Apply now to become a part of our innovative, dynamic team!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading scientific engagement with medical experts (ME), implement clinical and educational strategies and respond to unsolicited medical enquiries
• Managing field medical activities in collaboration with cross-functional teams as well as mentoring other field medical associates
• Full responsibility for the medical budget
• Ensuring appropriate identification and mapping of medical experts and key accounts
• Development and execution of ME engagement plans to effectively prioritize and strategically engage the ME's aligned with country strategy
• Proactive contribution to the development and execution of the medical strategy and tactical plans, including collecting, analyzing, and reporting impactful insights from MEs
• Supporting the Novartis clinical research programs as well as optimization of trial execution
• Providing scientific educational support to study sites in collaboration with clinical operations and expert disease area/product training
• Acting as a medical resource to field colleagues and actively coach and mentor others
• Leading, coaching, and developing a highly dedicated team of Medical Advisors and MSLs
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in a life science related subject (e.g. medicine, chemistry, pharmacy, biology)
• Ideally 5 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry e.g. as Medical Advisor or Medical Scientific Liaison
• Excellent communication skills combined with a curious personality
• Motivated teamplayer with proven ability to prioritize
• Fluency in German and English
• People management / Leadership experience
• Experience in the field of ophthalmology
• PhD in a relevant field
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 36,064.00 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top