Supervisor, Cell Processing Team
- Cedar Knolls, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
In the role of Supervisor, Cell Processing Team you will be responsible for ensuring the Work Cell achieves targets for quality, safety and productivity (production throughout times and batch record review). You will also lead and facilitate Work Cell meetings, make schedules and personal adjustments as necessary to properly staff the module. The Supervisor will also maintain an "audit ready" module and assist with internal pre-audits walkthroughs, CGMP housekeeping and general organization and upkeep of manufacturing spaces.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain a daily physical presence with direct reports in the module on and off the shop floor to supervise, coach and support
• Ability to gown aseptically and work in a clean room environment (ISO 8, 7 and ISO 5) areas for extended periods of time
• Ensure associates are demonstrating the proper aseptic techniques & behaviors
• Possesses basic technical knowledge and background on Day 0, cell washing and Harvest processing and in-process days
• Ensure timely review of Batch Records
• Proficient in the use of production related IT systems such as SAP, LIMS and MES
• Responsible for Successful on time completion of required training curriculum comprising of the necessary Global Operating Procedures (GOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's Degree - in Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacy or other Life Science-related scientific degree
• At least 2 years experience in cGMP cell culture required, with cell therapy manufacturing highly desirable
• Shown process understanding (Pharma, GMP, Regulatory aspects)
• Position will be filled commensurate with experience
• Project management, Operational Excellence, Product/Process Development or Regulatory experience a plus
• At least 1 year of experience of Lead/supervisor experience preferred
Position will be filled commensurate with experience
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data, where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Back to top