500+ Ongoing clinical trials;160+ Projects in clinical development;80+ Major submissions planned 2020-
2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines
discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend
the lives of millions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to statistical programming activities as Statistical Programmer for phase I to IV clinical
studies or project level activities; Build and maintain effective working relationship with crossfunctional
• Review the eCRF, data structures and data review activities.
• Comply with company, department and industry standards (e.g. CDISC) and processes, create /support the review of programming specifications as part of the analysis plans.
• Ensure timely and quality development and validation of datasets and outputs (datasets, tables, figures and listings) for study-documents according to specifications.
• Responsible for quality control and audit readiness of all assigned statistical programming deliverables as well as accuracy and reliability of statistical analysis results.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of programming software (e.g. SAS) as well as industry requirements (e.g. CDISC SDTM/ADaM, eCTD, Define.xml), attend functional meetings and trainings.
• Under minimal guidance participates in establishing successful working relationship on individual studies with external associates according to agreed contract and internal business guidance;
• Contribute to assigned parts of process improvement, standardization and other non-clinical
Job Sourcing Statement
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor degree and above in related major
• Fluent in professional language. Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
• Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish
to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network
Global Drug Development
Company / Legal Entity
CNIBR Co. Ltd.
Research & Development