Statistical Consultant - statistical&pharmacometric modelling(80-100)*
- Basel, Switzerland
20+ world-class experts in the fields of statistical methodology and modelling & data science!
We work as internal consultants to support our entire drug development portfolio and collaborate at the scientific interface with other external partners across industry, academia and regulatory agencies.
As a Senior Principal/ Principal Statistical Consultant you will work in collaboration with Biostatisticians, Pharmacometricians, Global Project Teams and senior Advanced Methodology & Data Science (AMDS) colleagues to ensure the use of state-of-the-art statistical and pharmacometric models at the trial and project level. You will contribute towards the professional development of Biostatistics and Pharmacometrics group members.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide trial and sometimes project support requiring hands-on expertise in novel quantitative approaches. This could include: innovative clinical trial design, quantitative decision making, incorporating evidence from sources of big data (e.g. biomarkers, digital technology and real world evidence)
• Support the implementation and communication of innovative quantitative methods to support regulatory submissions and health authority meetings
Scientific Innovation and Training:
• Help developing new quantitative methods with the aim of improving drug development at Novartis in multiple projects. The focus includes clinical trial design, modeling and visualization
• Support evaluating the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of Novartis drug development practices
• Publish in peer reviewed journals, participate in professional conferences and contribute towards cross-industry work streams in external scientific working groups
What you'll bring to the role:
• Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, computational biology or another related field
• Fluent English oral and written
• At the Principal level you will have at least 1 year of experience with application of innovative quantitative methods in drug development setting and at the Senior Principal level at least 3 years of experience.
• Knowledge in relevant quantitative approaches
• Ideally some experience in facilitating and optimizing the (early/full) clinical development strategy by using expertise in design, modeling or analytics
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs.
• At the Senior Principal level, scientific publications and training courses given in the area of quantitative science. Good business ethics, communication and presentation skills
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top