- Tokyo, Japan
Sourcing Statement You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
16 million people reached through access programs in 2019, to help expand access to our products we use everything from philanthropy to innovative business models.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Develops and executes data strategy and advanced analytics projects aligned with OBU strategies to reimagine cancer.
-Access wide range of external data sources and incorporate them with internal data sources to create our own data pool.
-Build advanced analytics capability for Japan Oncology BU leveraging external data scientists (e.g. PLS).
-Responsible for clearly explaining data strategy and results of analysis to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
-Support to improve brand strategy from a data analytics point of view.
-Provide guidance and recommendations to analyze customer insight, meet customer needs and improve decision-making process by leveraging data analysis.
-Identify issues in each business process, analyze issues using big data, analyze data for planning solutions.
-Conduct predictive modeling exercises using innovative technologies such as machine learning to leverage big data.
-Meet with external data companies to gain meaningful data sources for advanced analysis.
-Collaborate with relevant local and global teams on data strategy and data governance initiative.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in a Data Science, Healthcare, Information Technology (Master's degree with statistics related fields preferred)
• Japanese: Business level
• English: Business level (TOEIC score 800 and above)
• Experience analyzing large data sets to grow business as data scientist
• Excellent communicator
• Strong collaborator willing to partner with his/her peers to support a strategically aligned core-leadership team
• Excellent and proven performer - action oriented and leads from the front
• Entrepreneurial spirit - understands the implications and demands of launching a capability within an organization, while being acutely aware of market and competitive dynamics
• Minimum of 5 years of business experience
• At least 5 years of experience incorporating the following: Project management, market analysis, business analysis, data understanding and analysis, data management
• Experience with healthcare related big data.
• Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, or optimization or related field is preferred
• Excellent project management skills
• Exceptional analytical skills with ability to review and analyze significant amounts of information
• Strong presentation skills and ability to present findings to senior leaders
• Structured verbal and written communication skills
• Strong strategic and leadership abilities in order to form and shape a new capability
• Ability to work independently and within a team
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Back to top